Age of Empires 4 is one of the most famous real-time strategy games. Although the game only supports the Microsoft Windows platform, it has got a huge player base. The plot of the game takes the players from the time of the Early Middle Ages to the era of the Renaissance. Published by the Xbox Game Studios, the AoE series has been phenomenal since its initial days. With the latest updates and upcoming patches, the game keeps getting more interesting to play. However, many players find one “feature” of the game to be annoying which was supposedly meant to be helpful to its fans. That feature is the narrator’s voice that narrates everything on the screen like the messages from other players etc. In this article, we will be discussing how to turn off the voice in Age of Empires 4.
Age of Empires 4: How to turn off voice?
Even though the UI narrator was supposed to be a helpful feature, it is annoying a lot of players. It is quite obvious that no one would want a constant voice in their head narrating everything loud when they can just read. Therefore, it becomes quite necessary to disable this feature. Therefore, we will be teaching you how to turn off the voice in the game with some simple steps.
These are the steps to turn off the voice in AOE 4:
1) The first step is to launch Age of Empires 4. You can open the game directly from the Xbox App or via the .exe file. If you cannot find the .exe file on your system, you can follow this address: Age of Empire IV\Content\RelicCardinal_ws.exe.
2) After launching, you need to go to the main menu of the game.
3) Now, open the Settings menu of Age of Empires 4. You will find the settings under the main menu of the game.
4) After that, find the “Accessibility” option.
5) Now, scroll down until you find the UI Narration option.
6) Disable it and save your changes.
If you are not able to turn off the voice, go to the Content folder of the game files. Now, download this file:
File link: Click here
After downloading this file, replace this file in the Content folder.
1) If the file does not work out, go to the C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\My Games\Age of Empires IV\Users\[SOME_NUMBER]\configuration_user.lua directory.
2) Now, open the configuration_user.lua file with notepad.
3) Here, you will see the “uielementnarration” with an element called “set variantBool = true”.
3) Just set the variantBool to false. Now, save the changes.
4) After this, right-click on the file and select Properties. In the General tab, set the Attribute option to Read Only. Now, open the game and see if the narration goes away or not.
5) If the narration persists, just repeat the process till step 4 again. Also, do not forget to save the file as read-only so the game does not edit it again.
These are the steps that will disable the narrator’s voice setting in Age of Empires 4. After following these steps, you can also restart the game if the narrator is still reading everything on the screen. However, if the narrator still keeps talking, you can go to the official support page of the game to report this issue. Also, do not forget to visit Androidgram if you want to get the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.