Unable to download or launch Age of Empires 4 due to a Microsoft Gaming Services error? Many players have reported facing issues with downloading or launching the game. On clicking Download or Launch, they are being redirected to the Microsoft Gaming Services app instead of downloading or launching the game. If you are facing a similar issue, don’t worry. We have jotted down the workarounds you can perform to fix this error. Keep reading this article.
Age of Empires 4 (IV) redirecting to Microsoft Gaming Services app while downloading or launching: How to fix it?
The aforementioned error usually occurs when some Microsoft Store files are corrupt or missing. Because of the damaged files, Microsoft Store is unable to function properly on your system. The developers have suggested a few workarounds to solve the issue. Try the following –
1) Update Microsoft Gaming Services in Microsoft Store
You can check for updates to the Microsoft Gaming Services in the Downloads section of the Microsoft Store. Make sure that Gaming Services is always updated.
2) Reset the Microsoft Store App.
Use the command wsreset to reset the Microsoft Store – delete the app’s cache. wsreset will not delete your installed apps or account settings. First, open the Command Prompt window (search for cmd in the Start menu. In the Command Prompt, type wsreset and then restart your machine. Once you relaunch the game after restarting, you may get a pop-up. Click the Yes option. The game will close automatically. If not, manually close it. Now, launch the game again.
3) Reinstall the Gaming Services app.
Here’s how you can reinstall the Gaming Services app.
– First, click on the Search icon on the taskbar and type powershell.
– Now, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
– Type the following command (in bold) in Windows Powershell and press Enter:
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
– Next, type the following command (in bold) and press Enter:
– You will see an option to install the app on that page. Choose to install and select Yes when you see the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
– Now, restart your device and install the game again.
If the error persists, the developers suggest you contact Xbox Support. directly and let them know about the problem. For more such articles on Age of Empires 4 and other video games, stay tuned to Androidgram!