If there’s one game that has the same level of immersion as the Forza Horizon series, it has got to be Assetto Corsa Competizione. Filled to the brim with features and countless customization options, this game is what we can call a true simulation game when it comes to racing. Although being released almost 5 years ago, its graphical fidelity isn’t something you can ignore, and with features like Nvidia DLSS and AMD FSR, the experience just keeps getting better. Well, despite the game being available for almost half a decade, there are still many features missing that players want. One such is the option to change the difficulty of the career mode in Assetto Corsa Competizione. Well, in the absence of this feature, you will have to resort to manually editing the game files to change the difficulty. Wondering how you can do it? Consider reading this guide until the end, as we have shared all the details regarding the same.
When you start the career mode in Assetto Corsa Competizione for the first time, you are given the choice to adjust the difficulty level of the AI you will be up against. Most first-timers choose the difficulty level as Normal, but later, when they get used to the game’s mechanics, the Normal difficulty level becomes boring. While this is certainly a possibility, another case is that the difficulty level is too high to complete a challenge. Whatever the reason, you won’t be able to change the game’s career mode difficulty via in-game options after you have started your journey, as the developers haven’t provided one. So, what can you do? Continue reading.
Assetto Corsa Competizione: How to change difficulty in your career
Changing the difficulty level of your career in Assetto Corsa Competizione requires you to access the game files and edit them. Although the process is easy, you might not be able to find the right file to alter for the changes to take effect. That’s why we have shared this guide, which features all the steps required to change the career mode difficulty in-game. Follow these steps, as mentioned:
Note: Before you apply any changes to the game files, we advise you to create a backup in case things go south. If they do, you can just copy-paste the backed-up file into the same directory and return things to normal.
- First, open the File Explorer on your PC, and head into the Local C: Drive.
- After this, open the Users folder and double–click on the folder with your Username on it.
- Here, find the Documents folder, enter it, and then the Assetto Corsa Competizione folder.
- Now, open the Config folder and find the saveSettings.json file. This is a .json file that you need to edit.
- Right-click on the file, click on the Open With option, then select Notepad.
- Next, find the “difficultyLevel” variable within the file and change the value as per your preference from the available options listed:
- If you want to adjust the duration of each race, you need to change the value of the “durationType” variable to any of the following:
- Long (Full Race Length)
- After changing the values, save the changes, and exit. Now, launch the game and check if the changes have taken effect.
Well, this is how you can adjust the difficulty of your career in Assetto Corsa Competizione. We hope that this guide was informative. For more such interesting guides, make sure that you visit Android Gram daily. Also read: Can you play Palworld Offline without any Internet Connection?