Since the release of the popular movie series Dune, there have been many games that feature somewhat similar environments. Even if not the infamous Giant Sand Worm itself, plenty of such elements can be used in games, and Atlas Fallen took full advantage of them. Roam in a giant desert-like area, fighting monsters that emerge from below your feet. While fighting them won’t be a challenge once the controls have been learned, what about the bugs that play with your game instead? Well, the most annoying are the bugs that lead to file corruption.
While corrupted saves won’t hurt that much if you have recently started playing Atlas Fallen, if you have accumulated well over a day or week of grinding, then it will hurt. In the case of Steam, it gives you the option to use cloud backup, which may help in retaining some progress. However, it is always better to keep a local backup of your in-game progress. So, to do this, you will need to know where to find the save file location of Atlas Fallen. Well, this guide shares details on the same.
Atlas Fallen Save File Location: Where is it
The location of the saved file may vary on various systems. Like on Windows 10 or 11, file directories may be swapped. If there are multiple users, then the process will again take some necessary steps from the user’s side. We will, however, mention the most common way of locating the saved file of the game. Then, it’s up to you whether you want to back it up, delete it, or edit it, whichever seems necessary. So follow these steps to locate the saved file of Atlas Fallen:
- Open your Windows File Explorer and look for This PC.
- Single-left-click on This PC and then open the C drive.
- Open the Users folder and look for the specific username folder that has the game installed. Head into the username folder that is currently in use.
- Then, look for the Documents folder and then My Games.
- Now, you’ll be able to see a folder called Atlas Fallen. Open this folder.
- Now, open the folder called Save. This contains the game’s save files.
If you cannot find the saved files in this directory, follow the next method.
Now let’s follow what the official developers of Deck13 have to say. One user commented on the community discussion page of Atlas Fallen and asked for the location of the saved files. Then a developer called upon replied with this directory: “C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/userdata/YOUR_USER_ID/1230530/remote”. Now, you can check whether the saved file is located in this directory or not. If it doesn’t, then don’t worry; we have another method.
This will be a rather easy one since you will be using the default search function of Windows. It usually searches the entire drive, and sometimes it can help locate the game files. So follow these steps:
- Press the start button or Windows key on your keyboard.
- Then, type “%appdata%” and hit enter. This should bring up the File Explorer menu.
- Now, you will most likely be inside the AppData folder. If so, locate another folder called LocalLow and enter it.
- Then, find the Deck 13 folder and double-click on it.
- Now, you will be able to see a folder named Atlas Fallen.
- Head inside the folder and open the Saves folder like before.
- The game’s saved files will be present in this directory.
Well, now that you have access to the saved files of Atlas Fallen, make sure to keep a backup to avoid losing progress due to unknown bugs or file corruption. That said, we hope you find this guide informative. If you did, make sure to follow Android Gram for more such interesting content.