The lighting conditions in any game are very important. For games like Counter-Strike 2 where PvP gameplay is the main focus, having the incorrect brightness setting in-game can throw you off while navigating the map. Some dark areas might be too dark, while some insanely bright areas may make you feel nauseated. That’s why you must know how to adjust the brightness level setting in CS2 before heading into a match. For this, we have shared this guide featuring all the details regarding the same.
Motion blur is one of the most hated features of gamers, and players always like to turn it off. But the in-game brightness setting is something that many overlook, as the default levels fall within the accepted range. However, customizing the brightness can have a deeper impact on your gameplay, allowing you to view the in-game world much better than before. So, adjusting the brightness level in CS2 is a necessary process you must go through. Well, we have mentioned two ways of doing the same, which are effortless. So, let’s get right into it.
Counter-Strike 2 (CS2) Lower/Adjust Brightness Level Setting: How to do it
As we said earlier, there are two methods to adjust brightness in-game. The first method is the easy way, which involves accessing the in-game settings. The second method may look challenging at first, but it is the fastest way to change in-game brightness. So, without further ado, let’s get right into it.
Change using Game Settings
For this method, you will be using the in-game settings to adjust brightness. To access the setting, follow the given steps:
- Open Counter-Strike 2 on your PC via Steam.
- Once you are in the game, open the Settings menu.
- Now look for the Video tab. This tab has graphical-related settings that you can change.
- Select this tab, and the second option here will be “Brightness“. It’s a bar, so adjust it according to your preference.
Note: Remember to switch to full-screen mode to be able to change the brightness setting. To enable fullscreen, click the Display Mode option in the Video tab and choose Fullscreen.
Changing values using the console command
You can also change the brightness level in CS2 using the console command window in-game. However, to do so, you have to make sure that the Developer Console is enabled. If you don’t know how, follow the given steps:
- First, launch CS2, and open the Settings option. Now, look for the Game tab.
- Enter it and look for the option called “Enable Developer Console”. Make sure to change the setting to Yes. Doing so will enable the Developer Console in CS2. Now you can change the brightness level via console commands.
- Next, while in-game, press the [~] key on your keyboard, and you should be able to see the console window pop up.
- After this, all you have to do is type “r_fullscreen_gamma xx” and replace xx with the brightness value of your choice. You should stick between values from 1 to 4. For example, putting the value “3.4” will make the in-game world a lot brighter, while a lesser number will reduce it further.
Well, this was our complete guide on how to lower or adjust brightness levels in Counter-Strike 2. If you find this guide informative, follow Android Gram for more such interesting guides. Also read: Is CS:GO CPU or GPU Intensive?