Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most famous open-world AAA titles. The game is the epitome of modern graphics in gaming and has its fans spread all over the world. However, no matter how famous or perfect any game seems, it is bound to experience errors sooner or later and so is the case with Cyberpunk 2077. After updating the game, many players are encountering an error that says, “Cyberpunk encountered an error caused by a corrupted or missing scripts file and will now be forced to close.”. So, without any further ado, let’s dive into the details of this issue.
Also read: Street Fighter 6 Rashid, A.K.I, Akuma & Ed Release Dates: When they will be available
Cyberpunk 2077 error ‘Caused by corrupted or missing scripts file’: How to fix it
Well, CDPR did acknowledge this issue and stated players to reinstall the game completely, but most weren’t able to fix the problem using this method. So, you can try some of the mentioned workarounds for the same. However, note that there is no guarantee that these workarounds will eventually fix the issue, but they are still worth giving a shot at.
1) Restart your system
The first thing that you need to do is restart your system. Restarting the system helps in clearing out any temporary error that might be affecting its functioning.
2) Run the game as an administrator
The second thing that you can do is run the game as an administrator. You can do this by going to the shortcut of the game and right-clicking on it. After that, you can select the option that says “Run as administrator:”
3) Update mods
You will also need to update any mod that has a pending update. Moreover, you might also get over the error by deleting some scripts. When the game gets updated, its mods need to be updated as well. So, if you have recently updated the game, and facing this issue, then chances are the mods installed are causing it. So, make sure to update them as well.
4) Remove the mods
You can also try playing the vanilla version of the game by removing all the mods installed. Then, you can specifically install the mods that are compatible with your game one by one and if a specific mod creates a problem, you can keep the rest of the mods and remove the problematic mod from your system.
5) Verify the integrity of files
- For Steam: Open Steam and go to its library. After that, locate Cyberpunk 2077 and right-click on it. Go to its properties and from there, select the Local Files tab. Now, click on the option that says “Verify Integrity of the game files”.
- For Epic Games: Open Epic Games Launcher and go to its library. After that, locate Cyberpunk 2077 and then select the three dots visible next to it. Now, select the option that says “Verify”.
- For GOG.com: Firstly, you will have to launch the GOG Galaxy application. Now, head to the tab of Owned Games. After that, you will have to go to CyberPunk 2077 and select the “Customisation” option. Now, you will have to select the “Manage Installation” option and click on Verify/Repair.
After verifying the game files, restart your PC, and then run the game. This should fix the issue. If not, consider reinstalling the game, and make sure to run its vanilla version, i.e. without using any mods.
Anyways, that’s all we know about fixing this issue in Cyberpunk 2077. On that note, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.