Out of all the frustrating things that can happen to a gamer, a game crashing during startup is one of the worst things possible. Imagine purchasing a game and it won’t launch on the first attempt. Sounds awful enough, right? Well, many Dark Souls: Remastered players are encountering the same problem lately. Therefore, if you are someone who has just purchased the game, you too might be prone to face crashing issues while launching it on your system. However, we understand your situation and therefore we have collected some solutions that might get you out of this inconvenience.
Dark Souls: Remastered not launching & crashing on startup: Fixes & Workarounds
With the help of both conventional and the latest methods, the game will have fewer chances to crash while launching. These are some of the best methods available:
1) Restart the system: The first step you need to take is to restart the system. If your game is having some temporary bugs or glitches, a simple restart can do wonders. Although this solution seems repetitive and cliché, it is surely an effective one.
2) Verify the integrity of the files: The second thing you need to do is remove any corrupted files from the Dark Souls: Remastered folder. Since you can not do this manually, Steam has got you covered. You just need to go to the Steam library and open the Properties of Dark Souls: Remastered. From there, you need to go to the Local Files tab and click on the option that says “Verify the integrity of the files”. Once the verification is complete, you can try opening the game again.
3) Update your graphics drivers and Windows: You also need to make sure that your graphics drivers are up-to-date. To do so, you need to check the respective applications for Nvidia or AMD GPUs. Other than that, make sure that you are running Windows on your system with all the latest updates installed.
4) Install the game on a different drive: You can also try to install the game on a different drive other than the C Drive. For that, you will have to uninstall the game and then install it again on a different drive inside your system.
5) Turn off all the overlays in the system: First, open Steam and go to the settings. Now, move to the in-game tab. Here un-check the option that says “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.” Next, open Discord and head over to the Settings tab. Here, you will find the Overlay tab under App Settings. From there, disable the “Enable in-game overlay” option. If any other apps are implementing overlays in the game, close them too.
6) Check the minimum system requirements: You might also want to make sure that your system is capable to run the game. You can cross-check the system requirements from the given data:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
OS: Windows 7 64-bit, Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz / AMD FX-6300, 3.5 GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 460, 1 GB / Radeon HD 6870, 1 GB
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 8 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 11 sound device
With the help of these fixes given above, you will be able to launch Dark Souls: Remastered smoothly on your system. We hope that this article makes your gaming experience smoother. Also, if you want to get the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming, you can visit Androidgram.