Dead by Daylight players are experiencing an error in the game lately. The error is encountered by players as soon as they open the game. With the information that we have at our disposal, we have found out that this error is a result of some issues of the game with EAC or EasyAntiCheat which is supposed to stop hackers or cheaters from entering the game. However, due to some reason, it is stopping legit players from joining or even opening the game too. Therefore, we will be discussing some very simple steps to get over the error code 14 in Dead by Daylight (DBD).
Also read: Plarium play not working: How to fix it?
Dead by Daylight (DBD) error code 14: How to fix it
Replace files in the Certificate folder
- The first thing you need to do is open your Steam library.
- Now, you will have to search for Dead by Daylight. From there, you will have to go to the “Properties”. In the properties, you will have to go to the Local Files tab. Here, you will find an option that says “Browse local files”. From here, you will have to go to the “Certificates” folder.
- Once you have reached the “Certificate” folder, you will find two files here. If there are multiple files, the steps remain the same. You will have to press Ctrl + A. Now, you will have to press Ctrl + X. After this, you will have to go to Desktop and press Ctrl + V. By doing this, you will have made a backup of these files in your Desktop folder.
- Once you have done this, you will have to launch the game.
- Now, you will observe that you will face an error regarding EAC. However, you don’t need to panic as it is bound to happen. You will just have to press “Ok” to close the game.
- After this, go to the desktop to look for the files that you had backed up earlier. Just select all the files and paste them back into the folder from where you backed them up.
- Now, all you have to do is start the game.
Verify integrity of files:
You can also try verifying the files of the game. For this, you will have to go to Steam. In Steam, you will have to open Library. Once you have opened it, you will have to search for Dead by Daylight. After that, you will have to right-click on the game so that you can go to its properties. Under the properties, you will have to select the “Local Files” tab. In the “Local Files” tab, you will find an option that says “Verify the integrity of the files”. You will have to select this option and wait. Once the verification is complete, you can start the game again.
Head to the installation directory of Dead by Daylight. Here, you will find the EAC Folder. Simply click on the executable file and then select the Repair option. This should fix the issue.
So, by following these steps, you will be able to get over the error code 14 in Dead By Daylight. On this note, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.