With the release of Dead Island 2, players can now experience the thrill of surviving a zombie apocalypse. The latest entry in the series has significantly improved visuals and gameplay mechanics compared to its predecessor, Dead Island, which was released back in 2011. One of the in-game elements that have been retained is the challenges. Dead Island 2 offers players a range of challenges to complete, including combat challenges, exploration challenges, survivor challenges, weapon challenges, and blueprint challenges. However, many players are reporting an issue where the Blueprint challenges are not working in Dead Island 2 and are asking for a viable fix. Therefore, we will get deep into the root of this problem.
Dead Island 2 Blueprint challenges not working: Is there any fix yet
Blueprint challenges, in particular, are unique in that they allow players to unlock Autophage perks. These perks come in handy during battles with zombies, allowing players to inflict massive damage while also applying status effects. If you are someone who has been playing the game for hours now but still sees that the Blueprint challenges are still at 0/100 while you are able to complete the other challenges, you might be experiencing frustration.
However, you don’t have to worry if you have just started the game. This is because the reason you are not getting credits for blueprint challenges is that you haven’t unlocked them yet. This means you will first have to unlock the Blueprint challenges in order to complete them. The best part about unlocking them is that the process is not that complicated. However, unlike most challenges in the game, blueprint challenges are not available for you to complete right from the start. The tracking feature for these challenges will not function until after you complete the 15th-story mission called The Giant Slayer.
As of now, there are seven different blueprint challenges available for you to complete. However, you will have to keep in mind that each challenge has specific requirements that must be met to unlock the corresponding Autophage perk. Here is a breakdown of the blueprint challenges and their requirements:
- Contagious: This challenge requires you to hit zombies with heavy attacks for a total of 100 times. Completing this challenge will reward you with the Contagious perk.
- Infectious: In this challenge, you must inflict the Bleeding effect on zombies a total of 50 times. Completing this challenge will unlock the Infectious perk.
- Infernal Combustion: This challenge requires you to inflict the Ignited effect on zombies a total of 50 times. Completing this challenge will unlock the Tear N Sear perk.
- Leechblade: To complete this challenge, you must kill 100 zombies with melee weapons. Completing this challenge will reward you with the Leech perk.
- Shockwave: In this challenge, you must knock down zombies a total of 100 times. Completing this challenge will unlock the Shockwave perk.
- Static Charge: This challenge requires you to inflict the Electrified effect on zombies a total of 50 times. Completing this challenge will unlock the Static Charge perk.
- Vampire: To complete this challenge, you must collect a total of 200 zombie parts. Completing this challenge will unlock the Vampire perk.
So, this was everything about the blueprint challenge and the misconceptions surrounding it. On this note, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.