Dead Island 2 players are lately suffering from audio issues in the game. These audio issues are particularly related to the characters of the game. This means audio related to background music and sound effects is audible, but the conversation between the characters is not. Due to this, players are unable to listen to the audio and dialogues of the in-game characters. This is ruining the overall experience of the game. Therefore, we will be discussing some of the best ways to get over the Dead Island 2 missing character audio issue.
Dead Island 2 missing character audio issue: How to fix it
These are some of the fixes through which you can fix the sound problem in your device:
1) Turn on spatial audio
The first thing you need to do is turn on the spatial audio on your system. This fix has been suggested by a Reddit user and seems to work for many players who were experiencing audio issues in Dead Island 2. You will have to follow these steps to turn on spatial audio on your system:
- The first thing that you need to do is open the Sound settings on your Windows device. You can do this by right-clicking on the sound icon on your Taskbar and selecting “Sound settings”.
- Once you have entered the sound settings, you will have to select the audio output device which is being used by your system. For example, if you are using headphones, you will have to select Headphones.
- Now, you will have to scroll down and at the bottom of the page, you will find the option of “Spatial audio”. Make sure to turn it on.
- Once you do this, you can enter the game and see if the audio problem gets fixed.
2) Update your audio drivers
The second important step in fixing your game’s audio is making sure that you are using the latest audio drivers for your system. For this, you will have to head over to the Settings. Here, you will have to check whether there are any Windows updates that need to be installed. If there are any updates, you will have to update them. You can also update the audio drivers on your system by following these steps:
- Firstly, you will have to open “Device Manager” by pressing the Windows key + X key.
- Now, you will have to go to the “Sound, video, and game controllers” category.
- Here, you will have to right-click on the sound device that you want to update, and select “Update driver”.
- Now, you will have to select “Search automatically for updated driver software”. By doing this, the system will automatically search and install the latest drivers on your system.
- Now, restart your system and open the game again.
3) Switch to a different audio device
If you are using your headphones as the audio output device, you can try switching to speakers or vice versa. You can do this by clicking on the sound icon on your taskbar. After that, you will have to select the icon which is in front of the audio slider and change your audio device. Or you can simply disconnect your headphones from your PC.
So, by following these steps, you will be able to get over the audio issues in Dead Island 2. Also, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.