EA Sports FC 24 is a football-oriented video game that is currently available on multiple platforms. It has awesome graphics thanks to the Frostbite engine, and many new tricky mechanics have also been added. For example, controlled sprinting is one of the many new in-game mechanics introduced in the game. If you are wondering how to use it, consider reading this guide. This new entry in the EA series of football games has so much to offer, from in-game items to unfortunate and annoying bugs. That said, in this article, you will learn about a bug called “No Opponent Found” in EA Sports FC 24. If you are encountering a similar issue, consider reading until the end, as we have shared workarounds on how to fix it for good.
This error can occur in multiple phases of the in-game matchmaking process. Sometimes, you will be dropped out of a match, and the No Opponent Found message will pop up. But there have also been reports from many that they are unable to find matches with players to play with. So, how do you fix this? Is there a fix yet? Continue reading.
EA Sports FC 24 No Opponents Found Error: Is there any fix yet
Fortunately, the issue has been acknowledged by an EA Community Manager, who then stated that they have passed it on for further investigation. Well, there isn’t any ETA on when an update will be released to fix the issue, so in the meantime, try the following workarounds:
If you are unable to find players due to this error
EA Sports FC 24 is a rather new game at the time of writing this guide. So it’s obvious that the player base is rather low for now. Due to this, the game takes longer than usual to match players in an online game. Also, did you know that the game tries to find players near your location by default? Yes, it does just that, and the issue of not finding any opponents can be fixed by turning that option off. To do that, simply follow the given steps:
- Open the Settings tab of the EA Sports FC 24 game.
- Then, select the Matchmaking tab.
- In this tab, turn off the “Approximate Location Matchmaking” option.
- After this, turn on the second option named “Cross-play Enabled” if it isn’t already.
Now, you have increased the game’s search radius for matchmaking across multiple platforms. You may get high ping, but at least there will be some players you can play against.
Check your internet connection
If you are encountering the bug that throws you out of the drop-in matches, then try this workaround. The issue may be occurring due to a faulty internet connection. Connect the same wifi or mobile hotspot to some other device and run a speed test. If it’s stable, then you are good to go; otherwise, contact your internet provider and ask them to resolve the slow internet issue. Also, you can switch to a different network or a mobile hotspot to check if the issue is with your primary internet connection only. Finally, you can try using an Ethernet cable to connect to the Internet for better connectivity.
Restore all Customization settings to Default
This game has tons of ways to customize your players. It’s EA, after all, so there is no way that it won’t have money-magnet schemes. Anyway, you should make sure to disable all customization of your character and reset the appearance to default. However, facial customizations like hairstyles and beards can be customized. Once everything is set to default, start the matchmaking process and check whether the issue persists. This workaround was shared by a player on EA’s official forums, so make sure to give it a try.
A few more potential workarounds may fix this issue. So, give them a try.
- The best thing you can do right now is wait for a patch. As stated above, the developers are already aware of this issue, so an update will more likely be released sooner or later.
- Also, try and disable the Cross-play Enabled feature that we discussed in the first workaround. Once disabled, the game will match you against players on the same platform as you, thereby fixing any matchmaking issues.
- Find updates on the server status of EA FC 24 by going to the official Twitter (X) page of EA SPORTS FC Direct Communication. If there is scheduled maintenance going on, this is the reason why you are unable to find any matches. So, during a server outage, you have no choice but to wait for the servers to go back online.
Anyway, this was our complete guide on how to fix the No Opponent Error in EA Sports FC 24. This is most likely a connection issue, so make sure your internet connection isn’t the cause of it. That said, we hope you find this guide informative. If you did, follow Android Gram for more such content. Also read: FIFA Football Mobile not working: Fixes & Workarounds