Is your PC unable to detect your Elgato Capture Card? Unfortunately, this is a common issue with Elgato Gaming hardware. If your Elgato Capture card is plugged in but is not correctly recognizing the signal and displays a Lost Signal message or there is no visual on the pass-through monitor, don’t worry. We will help you fix it as soon as possible. Try the mentioned workarounds/fixes to fix an Elgato Capture card not showing up issue.
Error Message Displayed by Elgato Game Capture
“No capturing devices were discovered.”
“To begin, connect your capture device.”
“There isn’t a connection between the capture device and the computer.”
These error messages essentially mean that Elgato’s Game Capture software is unable to communicate fully with the Elgato Game Capture HD devices. It’s possible that there’s a problem with its USB connection, or that there’s a strange fault in the program or hardware. Don’t worry as we will help you fix the issue in no time.
How To Fix Elgato Capture Card Not Showing Up
1) It is possible that the Elgato Game Capture software needs to be restarted. Close the Elgato Game Capture program and re-launch it.
2) Try resetting the Elgato hardware. Remove the Elgato Game Capture hardware from your PC or Mac, as well as the video source. Wait a minute before reconnecting everything.
3) If you are using multiple devices on the USB bus drive, it may cause your Elgato Capture Card to malfunction. Disconnect all other USB devices from the bus drive and then connect the Elgato Gaming hardware. If it works, connect all devices to your PC or Mac again one at a time, testing the Elgato Gaming equipment as you go. If you notice that a specific device is causing the non-detection issue of the capture card, disconnect it while running the Elgato Game Capture card. Contact the conflicting device’s developer for further help.
4) It’s possible that the Elgato Game Capture card software requires an update. Visit the Game Capture HD Menu and select Check For Updates while the Elgato Game Capture card is active. This will allow you to download the most recent version of the Elgato Game Capture HD program, which may assist you with your issue.
These pages here & here have the most up-to-date software and drivers.
5) If you’re using a USB cable to connect your Elgato Gaming device to your computer, try a different USB cable. You can also try a different USB port and restart the software. Try the Elgato Gaming hardware on another computer if you have one. This will indicate whether the issue is with the PC or with the Elgato Game Capture card.
6) It’s possible that your Windows or Mac OS setup isn’t up to date. For information on the newest OS versions and security updates, open the Update settings on your respective systems and check for available updates.
7) Possibly, the USB or connector has to be reset. Resetting the PRAM on a Mac will occasionally fix USB communication issues. Try these steps to reset PRAM:
– Shut down your computer.
– Now, turn it on. You will hear the computer’s startup sound.
– Press and hold the Command + Option + P + R keys. Press and hold the keys before the gray boot screen appears. Keep holding the keys down until your computer restarts and you see the boot screen.
– Release the keys.
– After Windows starts up, try to use the Elgato Gaming hardware again.
If none of these suggestions work, contact Elgato Technical Support for assistance. For more such guides, stay tuned to Androidgram!