Want to know the process of changing languages in Forza Horizon 5? Although there’s (almost) full support for the game’s interface and subtitle languages, the game’s audio language availability is limited. You can change language via Steam or through the game itself. Xbox was previously region-locked in terms of content, and hence, we didn’t have much freedom with choosing languages for the video games. Forza Horizon 4 (predecessor) suffered a part of this, but Xbox removed such restrictions on language. However, some reports regarding region-locked consoles still linger. As of now, you can change languages in Forza Horizon 5 (and 4) on Xbox and PC.
Language corresponds to comfort. And, entertainment is a genre based on comfort. We only (want to) watch movies, listen to music, or play video games within our comfort zone. Being a counterpart of comfort, language plays a very important role in the entertainment industry. As a result, developing content also involves extensive market research so that the creators can address people of the target markets in a language they are comfortable in. As of 2022, most well-to-do video games nowadays support a long list of languages – subtitles, interface, or audio. We can obviously imagine why you are here. Keep reading to know how to change languages in Forza Horizon 5.
Forza Horizon (FH) 5: How to change the language?
The easiest way to change languages is via the in-game settings. But, before that, let us talk about the available languages you can select from. As of now, Forza Horizon 5 supports 15 languages for localized text: English, French, German, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Mexico and Spain), Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Czech, Turkish, Hungarian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Polish. Players can access in-game audio in five languages: English, French, German, Spanish (Mexico), and Portuguese (Brazil). Now, here’s how you can change languages from the in-game settings:-
1) Open in-game settings and navigate to the Language tab.
2) Now, choose your language from the drop-down and Save changes.
3) The game will now restart, and after this, you will see the language you chose in-game.
How to change the game language via Steam and Xbox console settings?
If the above doesn’t work or you don’t see a Language setting in-game, you can try platform-specific steps. Bought Forza Horizon 5 on Steam? Try this:-
1) Open Steam Library, and right-click on Forza Horizon 5.
2) Open Properties and then the Language tab.
3) Now, select the language you want and Save Changes.
4) You may see a small update on your Forza Horizon 5 in progress. Once done, launch the game, and you will see content in the language you selected.
If you have bought the game for your Xbox console, you may have to change the language natively. Some reports suggested that some Xbox console players are unable to find the option to change Languages in-game. Don’t worry, you can change your native language on Xbox, and the language change will reflect in your game:-
1) Open the Guide by pressing the Xbox Button on your controller.
2) Now, navigate to Profile & system > Settings > System > Language and location.
3) Select the language you want and then relaunch Forza Horizon 5. The game should reflect language changes accordingly.
For more articles on Forza Horizon 5 and other video games, stay tuned to Androidgram!