VR or Virtual Reality is the future of gaming and many platforms have begun to adapt to VR games. VR games provide an immersive experience to the user and make the gameplay even more interesting. You will be glad to know that Roblox also supports VR. However, many players do not know how to enable VR mode in Roblox. Therefore, we will be sharing all the details you need to know about the same.
How to enable VR mode in Roblox
The easiest way to enable VR in Roblox is by toggling the VR mode from the settings. You can do this by going to the in-experience settings. For this, you will have to go to Menu. From there, you will have to head over to settings. After that, you will have to search for “VR” and finally turn it “ON”. However, if these steps do not yield any results, you will have to enable it manually.
1) The first thing that you need to do is open Windows Explorer on your system. You can do this by either pressing Windows Key + E together or by using the Windows search bar and typing “Windows Explorer” which will take you to Windows Explorer.
2) Once Windows Explorer is opened on your system, head to the address bar, and enter the following- %APPDATA%.
3) By entering this address, you will land in the “Roaming” folder which is inside the “AppData” folder. However, you will have to go back to the “App Data” folder and after that, you will have to select the “Local” folder.
4) Once you go inside the “Local” folder, you will find out that there is a Roblox folder located inside it. You will have to go inside that folder.
5) Now, inside the Roblox folder, you will find a file called “GlobalBasicSettings_13”. You will have to open this file to make the necessary changes. In order to open it, you will have to right-click on it and select the “Edit” option, and then select Notepad.
6) Once the file is opened, search for a term that says “VREnabled”.
7) After you have located this term, you will come across two conditions. The first one is if the file is set to “false” and the second one is if it’s set to “true”. If the condition is set to “true”, you will have to leave it as it is. However, if the condition is set to “false”, you will have to remove it and type “true”. After that, you will have to exit the file once you save it. The VR line will look like this:
<bool name= “VREnabled”>true</bool>
8) Now, you will have to go back to Roblox, select a VR game and launch it. If the game opens with VR enabled, you can now successfully play it in VR mode.
However, if the game does not open in VR, you might have to take additional steps. You will have to uninstall Roblox from your system. After that, you will have to download it again but once the client is downloaded, you will have to install it with administrative privileges. For this, you will have to right-click on the installation file and select “Launch as administrator”. Now, once the setup is completed, you will have to go through the whole process again. After doing so, follow the above-mentioned steps again, and then launch a VR game.
Anyways, this brings us to the end of this guide. On this note, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.