Final Fantasy XIV or the FFXIV continues to be relevant more than a decade after its release in 2013. Developed and published by Square Enix, the game is an MMORPG title that served as the replacement for the failed 2010 released Final Fantasy XIV. Although FFXIV continues to age gracefully, there are still some errors that the game may encounter due to various reasons. Therefore, it becomes necessary to fix these errors on FFXIV to continue your adventure in the fantasy world. One such error is the FFXIV Error 2002. In this article, we are going to discuss various fixes and workarounds on how to fix the FFXIV error 2002.
How to fix FFXIV error 2002?
FFXIV Error 2002 can be frustrating at times since this error prevents the players to enter the game’s lobby. The error shows up with a dialogue box that says that the lobby server connection has encountered an error. This dialogue box only gives you an option to click on the OK button and move on. The digit “2002” also appears in the bottom right of the dialogue box representing the error code. Therefore, this error can cause hindrance to your gameplay. However, you can try some fixes to get it out of your system.
These are the fixes you might want to try to get rid of the FFXIV error 2002:
1) Bypass FFXIV through your Windows Firewall: Open the Windows Defender Firewall and select the option that says “Allow an app through firewall.” Now, a list of apps will appear where you will have to select Final Fantasy XIV and click on OK. This will remove any hindrance that the firewall may be causing to the game.
2) Disabling the router’s firewall: You can also disable the firewall of your router by opening the Command Prompt and typing the “ipconfig /all” command. Now, press enter and copy the IP Address from the default gateway field. After that, enter the IP Address in the address bar of your web browsers like Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. Now, enter the credentials of your router and look for the Firewall settings. Once you find them, turn them off.
3) Excluding FFXIV from the anti-virus: If by any chance your anti-virus is blocking FFXIV’s access to the internet, this error will be encountered. So, you have to exclude it from the program. You can also try uninstalling the game and checking if the error persists.
4) Switching the data center: Open FFXIV and select the “Data Center selection” menu. Now, change the data center to any random value other than your original data center. Try to enter the lobby of the game.
5) Adding the console to DMZ: Open your Router settings and find the DMZ option. Now, enter the assigned IP Address of the console and click the Ok button to confirm the settings.
6) Uninstall WTFast: If you have WTFast software installed in your system, uninstall it by going to the settings of your computer. Find the Apps option and select the WTFast option, then click on Uninstall.
7) Restart Windows Update Services: Go to the services menu by searching services in the Windows search box and find the Windows Update option. Right-click on it and then click Restart.
8) Flush the DNS cache: Open Command Prompt by running it as administrator and type the “ipconfig/flushdns” command and press enter.
9) Restart the game: You can restart the game and see if the error goes away or not.
10) Restart the system: You can also restart your system and see if there is any effect on the game.
11) Check the servers of the game: You can also go online and check if the servers of the game are online or not. If not, then return after about an hour and check if the error persists.
These are some of the workarounds that might fix the FFXIV error 2002 on your system. If the error persists, try to contact the official support. Also, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.