Wondering how to play Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl on PC? Not everyone can own a Switch. But, the Pokemon video game franchise has favored Nintendo Switch users for the longest time now. Only a few like Pokemon Go could make it to the mobile platform. Even if a Pokemon game is restricted to one device, its success is still immense. Now, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl is full of nostalgia, and fans want to experience it across devices. But, Nintendo and The Pokemon Company have no plans to go beyond Switch for Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl as of now. Looking for ways to play Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl on PC? You are at the right place for help.
How to play Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl on PC?
You will have to download a Nintendo Switch Emulator on your PC to play Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl. Here are a few emulators you can try.
- Yuzu Emulator. The most popular emulator for Nintendo Switch for Windows and Linux platforms is free to download.
- Ryujinx Emulator: Ryujinx is a licensed open-source software under MIT and can provide a decent experience of Nintendo Switch gaming. Ryujinx is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
- Cemu Emulator: This is a great choice for an emulator but only supports a few Switch games. We will have to see whether it supports Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl.
Note: We will have to wait until the release of Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl to check the game’s playability on PC using any of the above emulators. Using emulators in online games can get your account banned.
How to play Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl on PC using Yuzu Emulator?
Follow these steps to download and set up the Yuzu emulator for the popular upcoming video game.
- The Yuzu Emulator requires you to download a dependency: Microsoft Visual C++. Download the same from here
- Next, download the Yuzu emulator software from here
- Install Yuzu and open the program.
- You will need to download some extra files after this from this link.
- Open the zip file to unveil two folders: keys and Contents.
- Go to Yuzu, and click on File. Click on “Open yuzu Folder.”
- Drag the “keys” folder in the yuzu Folder.
- Then open the “nand” folder. Go to “System.” And then, drag the “Contents” folder from the downloaded extra files to the System folder.
- Close the folder windows.
- You are now ready to download and play games on Yuzu.
- Go to google and search for the game’s nsp or xci file. The file should be of nsp or xci type.
- Once you download the game, drag it to the yuzu emulator window.
- The game will start!
Follow the steps above if you decide to use Yuzu to play the latest upcoming video game on PC. However, using emulators can cause lags in the game and a bad experience overall. So, you will have to configure the Yuzu Emulator to ensure a proper and lag-free gaming experience.
How to configure the Yuzu Emulator before playing?
Here’s how to configure the Yuzu Emulator before playing Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl.
- Click on the emulation menu in Yuzu and select the configure option.
- Now, head to the general tab, and uncheck “Enable Multicore Emulation”.
- Next, you will have to head to the Graphics sub-menu and uncheck “Use Asynchronous Emulation” under Graphics settings.
- Under the same graphics submenu, update your API settings as mentioned below.
API: Select OpenGL for Nvidia Cards & Vulkan for AMD cards.
- Next, you need to configure your in-game controls by clicking on the Controls sub-menu. Select Dual Joycons as controllers and select Keyboard/mouse from the input device. After this, select keybinds as per your requirements.
That’s it. You will now be able to play Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl on PC lag-free with Yuzu Emulator. For more updates on Pokemon video games, stay tuned.