Ranks let you know the level of a player in your group on Minecraft. So, if the leader of the group is an OP and he sends a message on the server console, everyone can recognize him through a prefix. You will need to install plugins from Minehut to go ahead with this. This is an advanced process, and we advise you to go through Minehut basics like how to OP yourself first before trying to follow this article.
How to install plugins on Minehut
We have listed the steps you can follow to install plugins on Minehut.
- Make sure your Minehut server is up and running. Go to the Minehut web panel. Check whether the server status is online. If not, click on the Start button on the left.
- Go to the Plugins tab on the Minehut Web Panel.
- Search for plugins using the search box.
- Search “essentials”.
- Click the first result, which is Essentials, and install the plugin by clicking on the Install button.
- Find the EssentialsChat plugin in the list, and install that the same way too.
- Search for the Vault plugin and install it.
- Search for the Luck Perms plugin and install it.
- Return to the Home tab, and click on the Stop button to stop the server. Once, the server status changes to offline, click on the Start button to restart the server. Restarting the server is needed for the plugins to be installed successfully.
How to set up ranks on Minecraft
- Go in-game, and to the server console. Type “pl” and you will see the list of plugins installed.
- We can now set up ranks!
- Type “lp creategroup groupname“. For example, “lp creategroup proogamers”. Press enter and your group will be created.
- Type “lp group groupname meta setprefix 1 “yourpreferredprefix”“. For example, lp group proogamers meta setprefix 1 “kirito “
- Then, press enter.
- You will see a message saying that your prefix is now set at priority 1 in context global.
- To set a user with the above rank, type “lp user username parent set groupname“. For example, lp user kirinaop parent set proogamers
- Now, the user you have mentioned above is a parent with priority 1 of the group name, proogamers.
- If he/she sends a message on the server, the set prefix will follow the name.
- This is how we can set prefixes or ranks.
Hope this article helped you out!