Monster Hunter Rise has been a massive success since its initial release in March 2021 on Nintendo Switch, and players have been loving the game’s single-player and multiplayer modes. Well, the game made it to other mainstream platforms including PC, Xbox, and PS. But, many players have reported that they are facing issues with the game’s multiplayer mode, which is preventing them from enjoying it to the fullest. This is creating uneasiness among the players as the multiplayer mode is one of the core features of the game. Therefore, we will be discussing the Monster Hunter Rise multiplayer not working issue and how to get over it through some very simple steps.
Monster Hunter Rise Multiplayer not working: How to fix it
These are the following steps that you can take to get over the multiplayer issue and join the game with your friends:
1) Check your internet connection
The first and most important step in fixing the multiplayer issue is to make sure your internet connection is stable and fast. Multiplayer games like Monster Hunter Rise require a fast and stable internet connection to function properly. Therefore, if you have an unstable internet connection, make sure that you switch to a different network
2) Check for updates
Sometimes, the reason for multiplayer not working can be due to a bug or compatibility issue, which can be fixed by updating the game(if available). Therefore, update the game on the platform you are playing it on. After the update is installed, restart the game and see if the multiplayer not working issue is resolved.
3) Restart the game and your router
Another simple solution that can sometimes resolve the multiplayer not working issue is restarting the game and your router. Close the game completely and then launch it. If that didn’t work, restart your router by unplugging it from the power source and waiting for 10 seconds before plugging it back in. After restarting both the game and the router, try accessing the multiplayer mode again.
5) Check the game’s servers
If the above steps don’t resolve the multiplayer not working issue, the game’s servers may be down. To check if the servers are down, go to the game’s official website or social media pages, such as Twitter or Facebook, to see if there are any announcements about server downtime. If the servers are down, wait for them to come back online and try accessing the multiplayer mode again.
6) Set your visibility to “Online”
The “Appear Offline” social feature might be preventing you from connecting to your friend’s session in the game. To fix this issue, you need to change the feature to the default on Xbox or Steam.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open a page containing the “Sign-in” tab.
- Select your profile and go to profile settings.
- Now, in the visibility settings choose the “Appear Online” option and switch it on.
- Now, open the client and navigate to the “Friends” tab.
- Select the “Online” visibility option.
7) Change NAT type:
To change the NAT type for Monster Hunter Rise, you need to follow these steps:
- Log into your router’s administration page. This can typically be done by entering the router’s IP address into a web browser. The IP address is usually located on the bottom or back of the router.
- Look for the “NAT” or “Network Address Translation” settings on the router’s configuration page.
- Change the NAT type from “Strict” or “Moderate” to “Open”. This may require you to enable UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) in your router settings.
- Save the changes you made to the router configuration and restart the router.
- Boot up Monster Hunter Rise and go to the game’s online options menu. Check your NAT type to see if it has changed to “Open”.
Note that the specific steps to change the NAT type may vary depending on the make and model of your router. If you’re having trouble, you can consult the router’s user manual or contact the manufacturer for assistance.
By changing the NAT type to “Open”, you should be able to connect to other players and participate in multiplayer sessions without any issues. If you’re still having trouble connecting, you can try port forwarding on your router, which will allow the game to use a specific port to communicate with other players. You can find specific port forwarding instructions for Monster Hunter Rise online, but be aware that this process can be more technical and may require advanced knowledge of networking. So, by following these steps, you can enjoy the multiplayer mode of Monster Hunter Rise again in no time. Also, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.