Path of Exile is one of the most famous action-RPG games set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. The game has been running for over a decade and continues to amaze players with its gameplay. However, lately, players are encountering an error in the game related to Steam. Therefore, in this article, we will be discussing everything about the Path of Exile Login Error ‘Not connected to Steam’ and how to fix it.
Path of Exile Login Error ‘Not connected to Steam’: How to fix it
These are some of the methods that will fix the Path of Exile Login Error ‘Not connected to Steam’ for your system:
1) Restart the game: Sometimes, all you need to do is restart the game before you try any other fix. So, close the game along with Steam from the Task Manager. Simply go to the task manager and find the Path of Exile and Steam programs and click on the “End Task” button for both of them. Once you close both applications, open Steam and then launch the game.
2) Update the game: If you are restarting Path of Exile and encounter an update, download and install it on your system. Sometimes, the game creates the ‘Not connected to Steam’ login error just because it’s not running on the latest patch. Therefore, the easiest solution for this problem is to install the latest update and then start the game accordingly.
3) Check your network connection: Make sure that you are getting constant download and upload speeds on your system. You can check the speed of your network connection by doing a quick google and searching for network testing websites. A low network speed can cause trouble connecting the game to Steam.
4) Restart your system: You can also try restarting your system if the above solutions don’t work for you. By restarting your system, any temporary error will clear out that might be causing the ‘Not connected to Steam’ login error for Path of Exile.
5) Check the servers of Path of Exile: Make sure that the servers of Path of Exile are online and working properly. If you want to know how to check the servers of Path of Exile, you can click here.
6) Re-login the game through Steam: If you are encountering the ‘Not connected to Steam’ error frequently, try logging in to the game again. Make sure that you select the ‘Sign in through Steam’ option while logging in to the game.
7) Update Steam: Although Steam automatically updates itself before launching, make sure that the application is up-to-date.
8) Steam startup: If you are still getting the error, try running Steam from the command line with the help of the ‘-tcp’ parameter. You can also alter the main Steam shortcut by adding a space followed by ‘-tcp’. After that, close every process related to Steam from Task Manager. Then try to start the application again. Also, do not forget to change these alterations once the problem is fixed.
9) Update your Windows: Make sure that there are no pending updates for your Windows.
10) Update your graphics driver: Make sure that the graphics driver for your system is also up-to-date.
11) Verify the integrity of files: Go to Steam. Now, head over to the library. After that, find the Path of Exile game and right-click on it. Go to the Properties of the system and head over to the local files. Now, select on the option that asks you to verify the integrity of the files.
So, this was everything about the Path of Exile Login Error ‘Not connected to Steam’ and some methods to fix it. For more updates in the world of tech and gaming, do not forget to visit Androidgram.