The bigger the community of a game, the easier it becomes to find friends, right? Well, that may be true in most cases, but what if the community is so big that you will have a high chance of encountering bugs in the game rather than friends? Yes, we are talking about none other than Roblox. Roblox had and still has numerous bugs that randomly attack players. Maybe it’s an instant crash or login error. There are just so many that even the developer team can find it hard to catch up. Facts aside, in this guide, we will try to take a look at a specific bug called Error Code 9982 in Roblox.
Most errors in Roblox happen for two reasons: a weak internet connection or a corrupted file. However, we can’t be certain which workaround might be effective because there are so many bugs that many people encounter. That’s why we will mention both of these, along with some more. So shall we begin?
Roblox Error Code 9982: How to fix it
Most Roblox users are on the Windows operating system. And, due to the complexity of the Windows OS, sometimes even a simple reboot may corrupt some files, leaving you with a broken application. That said, we will share all the potential workarounds related to fixing this issue, so consider reading until the end.
Most players will try to reopen Roblox, which counts as restarting. We know that restarting may fix some issues, but this is not one of them. Error 9982 means either the internet connection to the server has been severed or something is interfering with the game. That something can be a corrupted file. Also, if the game was working fine before, that means there is nothing wrong with the antivirus or firewall. So, we will skip disabling any of these since doing so can affect your system’s security. So, begin with reinstalling Roblox.
- First, open Windows settings.
- After this, go inside the Apps tab.
- Now, tap on the Apps & Features category and locate Roblox.
- When you single-click Roblox, a new popup will appear right below the app. From there, select Uninstall.
- Now, open the browser, type roblox.com, and log in with your main account.
- Next, go to the downloads section and download a clean copy for your system.
- After the download has been completed, simply install it, and this error code should be fixed now.
Note: Corrupted files may sometimes get detected as viruses by your firewall or antivirus. So normally, you can consider disabling these programs, and then run the game.
The next possible cause could be your internet connection itself. To verify whether your internet is working or not, simply access your smartphone and, while staying connected to the same wifi network, open a social media application. If the app loads, then the connection is okay. If it doesn’t, then try restarting your router. If you have a wired connection connected to your PC or laptop, then make sure that the wire is tightly connected. A loose wire may turn out to be the culprit; who knows?
Delete Browser Cache
This isn’t proven, but sometimes random things like browsers can also cause connection issues. Chrome is the base for most web-based logins. Also, some games directly use your existing browser for the same action. You may ask, how can your browser cause any of these? That’s because, like games, browsers also save some temporary files, or, in simple terms, cache files. These cache files can then interfere with the game upon your next login. Just like game data, these cache files can also go corrupt if they stay in your storage for a long time. In that case, do this:
- Open your web browser. Most Windows users will have more than one of the browsers: Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Firefox.
- Select the three dots in the top-right corner of your browser. This will open up a long list of options.
- Choose Settings or something similar to that. In some cases, it may be written as Properties. So, just open that.
- A new tab will appear. If it has a search box, then simply type cache. Now, select the Delete option. Then type data and do the same with that too. If there are no search boxes, try searching on your own. There will be some categories, like browsing data, that will open an option to delete them.
- Just for caution, delete the Browsing history as well.
This will guarantee that your browser doesn’t have any temporary files that might interfere with the game. Now try opening Roblox and see if Error 9982 persists or not. If it does, then move on to the next workaround.
Restart your Device
Restarting and rebooting have the same ring to them. Restarting an app completely closes and reopens it. Restarting your device does the same thing but with the entire system. Let’s say the game has crashed and won’t reopen. In that case, you may get Error 9982 just because some system components refuse to run. So, you can just reboot your device once, and then check whether the issue persists.
Sometimes, this error code can occur due to your system being outdated. So, make sure that your system’s OS is updated to its latest version, and then try launching Roblox.
Roblox Server Status
Ongoing server maintenance can also cause such error codes to occur. So, visit here and verify whether the Roblox servers are live. If they are down or under maintenance, you will have to wait until they are back online.
These workarounds are the best suited to fix Error Code 9982 in Roblox. We are pretty sure that at least one of the workarounds provided will fix the problem. That said, if you find this guide informative, follow Android Gram for more such content.