Six Days in Fallujah is the recent release from Highwire Games and Victura, which was made available on June 22, 2023, and has managed to attract a decent player base based on the realism it offers. With that said, although the game is quite stable, there are players who have reported that it is not using their system’s dedicated GPU. So, if you are facing the same issue, here’s what you need to do to fix it.
Six Days in Fallujah Not Using Dedicated GPU Issue: How to fix
This issue can occur if you have a system with an iGPU. So, instead of using the dedicated GPU of your system, the game launches using the iGPU, which results in poor performance and lag. So, how to fix it? Here are some workarounds you can try:
Set Windows Power Plan to High performance
The issue with PCs, especially the ones built for gaming, is with optimization for the games themselves. The PC sometimes doesn’t deliver the expected performance as it chokes the resources allocated for the game to run smoothly; that’s why the Windows Power Plan is to be tweaked for the highest performance mode. To do so,
- Open the Control Panel and proceed to Power Options.
- You’ll see that the Power Plan is set to Balanced Mode. Now, you need to choose the High-Performance plan.
- Save the changes, close the window, and try running the game now. It should run more smoothly than before.
In case your PC doesn’t include an option to select a high-performance plan, you can use the slider at the Battery Indicator by clicking the Battery Icon on your taskbar to set it to ‘High-Performance’ mode.
Run the game using Dedicated GPU
Alternatively, you need to force-launch the game using the dedicated GPU via its support application.
If you are using a Nvidia GPU
- Right-click on the desktop, then proceed to select ‘Nvidia Control Panel’.
- Under Select a task, select ‘Manage 3D settings’.
- Select the ‘Global Settings’ tab, and choose ‘High-performance Nvidia processor’ for the preferred graphics processor in the drop-down bar.
- You can also choose to optimize the texture filters for enhanced performance; change those settings by scrolling down in the same drop-down to find ‘Texture Filtering settings’.
If you are using an AMD GPU
- Right-click on the desktop, and proceed to select ‘AMD Radeon Software’
- In the software, click on Performance, then select Tuning.
- After accepting EULA, you can see the Performance Tuning options available for the GPU.
- It includes a wide variety of options you can tweak for getting the most out of your GPU; proceed to make the changes as you need.
After this, save the changes, and then launch the game.
For this method, you need to head to the Graphics Settings on Windows, and then click on Browse. Now, go to the game’s installation folder, and find its .exe file. After this, add the game’s .exe file to the list, and then select the Options menu. Here, you need to choose the High-Performance option. Once this is done, launch the game, and it should use your system’s dedicated GPU instead of the integrated one.
We hope you find this guide helpful in fixing the “not using dedicated GPU” issue in Six Days in Fallujah. If you did, consider following Android Gram for more such guides in the future.