So you might have gone through a scan having exposed contraband in your inventory, and found NPCs waiting to shoot you in Starfield. Situations like these can be surprisingly common in RPGs, so you should always know your offensive weapons’ keybinds and how to switch between them at a moment’s notice. Yes, that is what this article is all about, and keep reading if you want to know how to become efficient and effective at quick-swapping and switching weapons when playing Starfield.
Weapons and other offensive utilities are key parts of any RPG. You will need to find a way to deal damage to the NPCs that shoot at you, and you will need to respond accordingly. Usually, the better their guns are, the better guns you are forced to use; however, it is handy to know how to swap and change them around to give you an advantage. There are multiple guns in action-heavy RPGs like Starfield, and choosing and equipping one is not always as simple as pressing a few buttons.
Starfield: How to change/switch weapons?
Like any modern RPG, Starfield has not one but two ways to let you choose your weapon. It has a timed weapon wheel that you can use or the more traditional inventory method. While the end result is the same, you will have to get used to both if you want the advantage in a fight that you did not come prepared for. So, we have shared details on both the inventory method and the weapon wheel method.
1). Inventory Method
In this method, you need to navigate to your inventory and equip the weapon you want to use. Here is what you need to do:
- Press the keybind to open your inventory. (Default I on a PC and the Menu button on a controller).
- Here, open the Weapons tab. Now, you can see all the weapons you own in the game.
- Click on the weapon you want to equip, and it will confirm that it is equipped. You can also double-check this with the little arrow on the top left of the gun name tag.
- This weapon will now appear not only on the back of your character but also in the hotbar.
2). Weapon Wheel method
As we said, this game has two methods to let you choose which gun you want to use. While the inventory method is straightforward, it is slow. This method, however, is much faster but requires some preparation and thought. You can use the in-game weapon wheel to switch weapons, but you will first have to favorite a particular weapon in your inventory for it to appear in the weapon wheel. Once that is done, you can use the weapon wheel to equip them at a glance. To favorite a weapon, here’s what you need to do:
- Navigate to the inventory and open the Weapons tab.
- Now, hover over the weapon you want to add to the weapon wheel and click the favorite button (B on PC and A on a controller).
- This will open up the weapon wheel, and you can assign it a slot. This will then be the slot it shows up in when you open the weapon wheel.
- You can now open the weapon wheel and equip this weapon quickly. To open the weapon wheel, you either press Q on PC or the Dpad+direction button on a controller.
These are currently the only ways to change/switch weapons in Starfield. If you found this article helpful and would like to read more such content, make sure to visit Android Gram daily.