Rockstar Games has been keeping its promise of supporting GTA Online with tons of updates and content releases. But what about bugs? Well, there have been multiple bugs in GTA Online over the years; some are nasty, and some are so minor that no one notices. But how can anyone forget the infamous “Transaction Pending” error? It’s an annoying bug that has plagued the player base for quite some time. So, if you too have encountered it, consider reading this guide until the end for details on it and how to fix it.
The “Transaction Pending” message pop-up can suddenly appear while you are buying/upgrading something in GTA Online. Most players often buy and sell various items in the game, which makes bugs like this as annoying as they can get. Thankfully, there are some potential fixes available to get rid of it, and in this article, you will learn about all of them.
What does Transaction Pending mean in GTA Online?
The appearance of the Transaction Pending message means whatever you were buying didn’t go through or got glitched during the process. This bug can lead to three outcomes. These are:
- The first situation is that your in-game cash won’t be deducted, and the transaction will be canceled.
- The second situation is that the transaction will be successful (cash deducted) while you won’t receive anything.
- The third situation is that the purchased item will be added to your inventory shortly after.
However, since you cannot predict what will happen when this bug occurs, you need to try the following workarounds to get rid of this issue:
Restart the game
The first workaround is always the easiest and most effective. Before trying anything else, consider restarting the game, and then check if the purchased upgrade/item is reflected in your GTA Online account. If not, check whether the cash has been credited back.
The reason for this bug is unknown, whether it’s your weak internet causing this issue or the game itself. However, what you can do is launch GTA in Offline mode and then get some in-game cash either by killing some random civilian or robbing a store. After this, log back into the online mode and purchase an item. Now, verify whether your transaction went all the way through or has been canceled.
If the above workarounds didn’t work, now it’s time to file a bug report token on the official Rockstar Games website. So, first, visit this link and follow the given steps:
- Click on Purchase/Activation and then select Purchase Problem.
- Now, choose the type of purchase you made. It should be In-Game Purchases.
- Next, choose the type of platform you are playing the game on.
- After this, select the Contact Us option.
- Now, submit the support ticket with all the details regarding the issue. With this, you have successfully sent a bug report token to Rockstar Games, and now it is up to them to respond and fix this issue for good.
Verify the integrity of game files (Optional)
Depending on the storefront you are using to play the game on your PC, the process to verify game files will vary. For the sake of this guide, we have shared the process for the Epic Games Launcher. For Steam, you can check out this guide. It’s the same process; just replace the CS2 part with GTA Online, and that’s it. Anyway, here’s the process to verify game files on Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher.
- Open the Library page.
- Right-click on GTA 5 or simply tap the 3 dots.
- Next, select the Manage option.
- After this, tap on Verify.
Now Epic Games Launcher will run an integrity check, and after it’s finished, open GTA Online again and check whether the Transaction Pending notification disappeared or not.
Well, this was our complete guide on what the transaction pending error is and how to fix it in GTA Online. If you find this guide informative, make sure to follow Android Gram for more such content. Also read: GTA 5 Online: How to get removed cars (June 2023)