TCLWith TVs of up to 85 inches, TCL has won many awards for its brilliant products. Their TVs boast beautiful pictures and great performance. Features like Mini-LED backlight display, Quantum Contrast, and 4K UHD embellish the TCL TV series. Did you know that you can change the contrast of different zones of the TV screen to enhance the picture quality? That’s TCL for you!
TCL is also associated with Roku TV. Stream your favorite shows, movies, and Live TV with Roku. You can quickly access all options from your home screen itself. It’s that simple an interface.
However, if you having trouble with Airplay and your TCL TV, here’s what you can do.
TCL TV airplay not working: How to fix it?
Trouble trying to screen mirror from your apple devices on your TCL Roku TV? Here are the list of troubleshooting techniques you can try.
- Restart both your devices, i.e., your TCL Roku TV and iPhone/iPad.
- Make sure your TCL TV model supports Apple Airplay. Here are the list of supported models:
- Secure an Ethernet directly from the router to the TV. The WiFi network may be faulty.
- If you are using WiFi, make sure to connect your phone and your TV to the same WiFi
- Your TCL Roku TV may get disconnected from the network when switched off. To stop that, you can enable the Fast TV Start feature. It will allow the TV to maintain a network connection. Airplay will be able to establish a connection with your TV even if it switches off.
To enable the Fast TV Start feature,Click on Home Button from the remote. Navigate to Settings. Select System. Then, select Power. Select Fast TV start. Highlight Enable ‘Fast TV Start’
- Users should have a 2.4 GHz setup to connect WiFi and TV. Visit Settings > General > Network. Then, choose among the available internet connections which have 2.4 GHz in their name.
- Turn off your TV’s Bluetooth option. The Bluetooth interrupts with screen mirroring sometimes.
- Reset the router and reconnect the device through Airplay.
- Check your phone for updates. Do the same for your TV. Both must be updated to their latest software and firmware.
- If other tips don’t work, users should try reset the TV to factory settings and reconnect the device through Airplay.
Trying the above tips will definitely help you debug the issue.