Without a doubt, the Aliens franchise is one of the most successful and long-running franchises out there. With tons of game releases across generational gaming devices, Aliens has made a lasting impression on the Entertainment industry with its unique sci-fi concept and memorable characters. The latest addition to the games under the Aliens franchise is Focus Entertainment’s Aliens: Dark Descent, a real-time strategy game released for PS4, PS5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S on June 20, 2023. Well, since it is a single-player game, in-game progress is of the utmost importance. So, this article answers the frequent query posted by PC gamers: What is the save file location for Aliens: Dark Descent? If you are interested in knowing the same, consider reading this guide until the end.
About the game
In Aliens: Dark Descent, players take control of a 4-member squad, all with unique abilities of their own, to progress through the moon station on Lethe, searching for answers of their own while battling Xenomorphs and rogue agents from the Weyland-Yutani Corporation. The game is set 19 years after the original Aliens trilogy, and players complete each mission set in sequence to progress through the game’s story.
What makes this game different from other titles like Halo and Mass Effect is not only the gameplay improvements alone but also the very nature of the game itself. Aliens: Dark Descent can be practically compared to Dead Space (and its subsequent remake) in terms of atmosphere and presentation; the game essentially makes you cower before the psychological terror in front of you, ready to burst out at any second, literally. With the improved AI system for the enemies, you’ll find yourself at a disadvantage as they adapt to every move of yours. This is what makes the game an immersive experience; it forces you to strategize and adapt to overcome obstacles to succeed in the missions. And, while you are progressing in those missions, keeping a backup copy of your saved progress is crucial to not losing any progress in case of any mishaps. So, here’s how to find the save file location of Aliens: Dark Descent on PC.
Aliens Dark Descent Save File Location: Where is it
Finding the save file location and the config files of Aliens: Dark Descent on your PC is not that hard of an affair; you have to just follow these instructions to find them. Players who would like to change their initial configurations or make a backup of their game files will greatly benefit from this article.
To find the saved files
- Go to File Explorer, then This PC, and proceed to open the C drive.
- Then click on the Users folder and proceed to open the folder with your username.
- Now, head into the Appdata folder. If you’re not able to view the Appdata folder, then it means that it’s hidden. To make it viewable, click on View in the toolbar above, then proceed to check the box near ‘Hidden Items’ in the Show/Hide column.
- Now, the Appdata folder must be visible. Proceed into the Local folder, and find a folder named ‘ASF’.
- Open it, and then open the Saved folder. Here, you will find the folder ‘SaveGames’. This is the location where all your in-game progress is saved.
To find the config files
- To find the config files, retrace your steps to the Saved folder.
- From there, open the Config folder, and proceed into ‘WindowsNoEditor’ folder.
- Inside this folder, you’ll find all files related to the configuration settings of the game.
That’s all on the article on finding the location of save game files for Aliens: Dark Descent. If you find this guide informative, make sure to follow Android Gram for more such guides in the future.