Amazon Prime Video is not only for an adult’s entertainment. The widely popular online content streaming service is extremely suitable for kids too. Amazon Prime Video has exclusive kids-friendly content to keep them on their toes and happy all the time. The best thing about having a kids-friendly service is parents can control some aspects of viewing. Also, if you have a Kids profile enabled, your kids won’t be able to view content from your Amazon Prime Video account.
If you want to keep a single profile and impose parental control on that, you can do so too. Read this article to know more about the regulations you can impose.
Amazon Prime Video Parental Lock: How does it work?
There are two ways you can regulate when it comes to kids-friendly content.
- You have a single adult account and you enable parental controls on that.
- You create a new Kids profile where you can curate content, regulate watch times, and many more.
It’s up to you which one you would want to choose. If you want to regulate your child’s watch habits on a single adult profile itself, it is absolutely easy to do so.
- Click on the down arrow to open the drop-down menu from your profile name.
- Go to the Accounts & Settings.
- Find the Parental Controls tab. Open it.
- You can now set a pin that will be asked for every time anyone accesses content on your Prime Video account.
- Blocking or allowing access to Amazon Prime Video and Apps & Games can be done after the pin is set.
- You may choose to block all access to the online Amazon Stores, or even password protect your purchases.
Parental Lock: Can you download movies, shows, and games with lock enabled?
Well, no. As long as you don’t have the pin to authenticate, you cannot download movies, shows, or games with the lock enabled. This ensures that your kids don’t walk into wrong and unsuitable content from your profile. When you have a lock-enabled Prime Video account, make sure you keep the pin away from reach.
If all this seems a bit overwhelming to control, you may want to try a Kids profile on your Amazon Prime Video account or an Amazon Kids+ subscription which will better enable you to control your child’s watching habits.