COD Modern Warfare 3 is on the verge of global release. The game is currently in beta testing, and as per the reviews, it looks rock solid for now. Most perks have been adjusted and improved for a wider audience. The same goes for guns and other kinds of equipment. But do you know that COD MW3 also supports crossplay out of the box? Yes, it supports crossplay, which means that players will get to enjoy the game with their friends on different platforms. However, if you don’t wish to play the game on PS4 or PS5 with crossplay enabled, consider reading this guide, as we have shared the entire process.
Why disable crossplay? Well, you may have your reasons, but the majority of console players disable it because of hackers and skill gaps. PC players have the edge over console players when it comes to FPS gaming, as aiming with a mouse is far more accurate than using a controller for the same. And let’s not forget hackers on PCs. They always ruin the experience, which is why it is quite normal for console players to turn off crossplay in games. So, if you are wondering the same, here’s everything you need to know.
COD Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) Crossplay: How to turn it Off (PS4 & PS5)
Disabling crossplay is not a big deal in COD MW3. While the game is currently live in beta for PlayStation players only, it is set to release in beta for PC and Xbox consoles as well, before its global launch in Nov 2023. So, if you are strictly against playing with PC players on your PS4 or PS5 console, here’s what you need to do.
- Press the Options button on your controller while on the main menu of COD MW3.
- Next, go to the Settings tab with a gear icon.
- Now, head down and select the “Accounts & Networks” option. Press X to open the settings.
- Next, you will find the “Crossplay” option right at the top. Select it and make sure it is set to Off.
Now you have successfully turned off crossplay for your PlayStation console. Once you save the changes, you will be matched up against only players on PS4 and PS5 only.
How to disable Crossplay on Xbox?
Doing the same on an Xbox console is a bit tricky. You have to turn crossplay off in the System Settings instead of the game settings. Here’s the complete process:
- Go to the dashboard of your Xbox console.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Find and enter the Settings options from “Profile & System”.
- Now look for something called “Account“.
- Then, tap on “Online Safety & Family”.
- After this, enter “Privacy & Online Safety”.
- Find and choose “Xbox Privacy”.
- Then, open “Communication & Multiplayer”.
- Look for the second column that says, “You can join cross-network play”.
- Change this option to “Block“.
If you followed the steps correctly, then you have successfully disabled crossplay on your Xbox console as well. This was our complete guide on how to turn off crossplay in COD Modern Warfare 3. Anyway, if you find this guide informative, make sure to follow Android Gram for more guides on MW3 like this one. Also read: COD Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) Travis Shipton Error: Fixes and Workarounds.