The multiplayer mode of F1 2021 is fun and popular. You can join ranked or unranked lobbies where you get to race with other players and battle it out for the first place. The online driver ranking system and the league system have also gained quite a popularity over the years. The 2021 version has now introduced a Social Play Lobby. There are two kinds of lobbies: beginner and experienced. Players can join any depending on their capability or the mood they are in.
Online multiplayer is the most played mode of the game. However, some users have complained of annoying disconnection issues. Read the article to know more.
F1 2021 Multiplayer Mode: Disconnection issues
An annoying issue, which is probably a bug, has started appearing on the Multiplayer mode of F1 2021. This bug seems to be restricted to Xbox users only. On July 13, a user had posted about the problem on the Codemasters Help Forum. According to the user, upon trying to join a multiplayer lobby, the user stays in the lobby for a while (around 2 minutes) and then leaves the lobby automatically after that. The user also gets an error message “Migrating Host” before leaving the game.
A video posted by the user also showed that everyone in the lobby keeps exiting the lobby one by one until the user is also forcefully exited from the game. From the description of the issue, it would seem like an unstable internet connection may be the reason. But, if that were the case, not all players would exit the lobby one by one. But it does seem like F1 2021 is sensitive to an internet connection with average stable speeds.
A series of comments to the above-mentioned post confirmed that many players are facing the same issues. The only common thing between all the complaints is the Xbox. If you face crash issues on the startup of the F1 2021 game, you may want to read this article too.
Facing the same issue as above? One of Codesmaster’s moderators suggested this.
- Make sure your PlayStation Plus account is active if you are using PS4.
- Make sure your Xbox Live Gold account is active if you are using Xbox One
- If you are using a Wi-Fi Connection, try using a wired connection
- Try to shutdown things completely and restart the console
- Restart your router
- Make sure your consoles are updated to the latest firmware
- Check PC for unnecessary background applications, try to disable them as it can affect the performance.
- Try opening/forwarding below mentioned ports as suggested by the mod, if you don’t know how to do port forwarding on Xbox, you can head here. PlayStation users can understand port forwarding by heading here. PC users can set up port forwarding by accessing router settings.
By mod :-
If the issue persists, the moderator suggests making a report on the Help Forum of Codemasters. It is beneficial to include the following in your report.
- Provide a detailed description of the issue.
- Mention the Report Code.
- Mention the Platform on which you were playing.
- Quote the Game-mode.
- Mention the number of players in your online session?
- Were you the host of the game?
- List the troubleshooting you have tried before reporting.
- Post any video or screenshots supporting your complaint.
- Mention how and when the problem appears.
- Mention the date when you booted up the game alongside the codes.
Note that the report code is not the same as the error code. Look for the report code in the pause menu when you pause the gameplay. Or, report codes can also be found on the game options screen (look at the bottom left when in the home screen).
We hope Codemasters come up with a solution as soon as possible.