We all know how frustrating it can be when a game decides to go dark, possibly at the worst time ever. F1 23, although delivering on the heightened expectations, is still suffering from several issues like decreased performance during night races, lack of options, and the overall stability itself. You might find yourself in the middle of an adrenaline-pumping race, trying to overtake and maneuver your car in the most realistic F1 game ever created, only for the game to show up on a black screen at the most inconvenient time possible. Yeah, we feel you, and to remedy that, we’ll be looking at some fixes for the black screen issue in F1 2023. So, consider reading this guide till the end.
F1 2023 (F1 23) Black Screen Issue: How to fix it
Black screen issues are not uncommon in PC games, and F1 23 is no exception. If you too are facing this issue during your playthrough, you can try the mentioned potential workarounds. Do note that there is no guarantee these will fix the issue, so don’t keep your hopes high. Nevertheless, they are still worth a shot.
Verify Game Files
This is the most common fix for stability issues like crashing and black screens. By ensuring your game files are in working order, you’re making sure nothing went wrong in the downloading or installation process.
If the game is Steam installed:
- Launch Steam and head to its Library tab.
- Find and right-click on F1 23 and select Properties.
- Select the ‘Local Files’ tab, then click on ‘Verify Integrity of Game File option’.
If the game is installed through EA App
- Launch the EA App and click ‘Library’.
- Select the ‘Repair’ option under the ‘Installed’ option of F1 23.
If the game is installed via Epic Games:
- Open ‘Library’ in the Epic Games Launcher.
- Select ‘Manage’ by clicking the dots next to F1 23.
- Click ‘Verify’ near Verify Files.
Update your GPU Drivers
It’s possible that your GPU drivers may be outdated, so you need to update them to get the best experience out of the game. To do a Manual Update of the drivers:
- In the search box on the taskbar, enter ‘device manager’, then select Device Manager.
- Select Display Adapters. You’ll see a list of available GPUs in your system. Right-click on the dedicated GPU, click ‘Update Driver’, and select ‘Search automatically for drivers’. Windows will find and install the latest drivers for your GPU.
- If unavailable, you can head to your GPU manufacturer’s website for information about GPU updates, or even use the GPU’s support software to update them.
Update DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributable
In some cases, DirectX and Visual C++ redistributable being outdated might cause severe inconsistencies in the performance of your PC and might be the reason your game is acting up. Ensure both are in their latest versions to ensure smooth play. Download links for both are shared below:
Switch to your dedicated GPU
It might happen that the game is running on the iGPU instead of the dedicated one, which is resulting in the black screen issue. So, to fix this, head to the Graphics Settings menu in Windows settings and click on the Browse Apps option. Now, browse and find F1 23’s .exe file and add it to the App list. Once added, click on it, and you will see the Options button. Select it, and then make sure to choose the High-Performance option. This will ensure that the game is running on your dedicated GPU instead of the integrated one.
The cause of the black screen can be some overlay in conflict, and sometimes Alt+Tabbing in and out of the game can make it work properly. So, all you need to do is press the Alt and Tab buttons together to get out of the game window, and then press the same button configuration to get back in. Doing so might fix the issue.
If none of the mentioned workarounds fix the black screen issue, all there’s left to do is a simple reinstall. As per player reports, uninstalling and installing the game again fixed the issue for them, so this is worth a try.
Anyway, these are some of the potential workarounds for the black screen issue in F1 2023. We hope this guide helped you fix your issue, and if it did, do consider following Android Gram more such content.