Is the Facebook app randomly crashing for you on your iPhone or Android Phone? Are you seeing an error message? Well, this is another common problem users have reported regarding their favorite social media app. Applications like Facebook are prone to crashes, anyway. Facebook’s application is also not very optimized in terms of space. As a result, the application may prove to be a bit heavy on mid-end and low-end Android devices. iPhones, on the other hand, usually handle heavy applications well. But, if you own an older iPhone model or have less storage to spare, Facebook may start misbehaving for you too! Well, you will always find workarounds for Facebook issues on the internet. As you may have understood already, Facebook needs a decent amount of space/phone storage to run smoothly. If you have that aspect sorted, here’s what you can try in order to solve the crash issue.
How to fix Facebook keeps crashing on Android and iOS devices?
1) Try force stopping the app and restarting it:
– On your Android device, press and hold the Facebook app and select the Information (i) option. Now, choose Force Stop and then OK. Now, restart the app and check whether the issue persists.
– On your iOS device, close all recent apps including Facebook from the Recents list. Now, restart the app and check whether the issue persists.
2) Update the Facebook app:
If you haven’t updated the app in a long time or don’t have automatic updates enabled, it is possible that you may have missed a mandatory patch update. App updates are usually targeted at bugs and glitches and must be completed to avoid running into annoying issues like crashes or loading errors. Open the respective app stores on your device and check Facebook’s page for any pending updates. If any, complete it and then relaunch Facebook. This should solve the crash issue for the Facebook app on your mobile device.
3) Troubleshoot your internet connection:
We shouldn’t have to tell you how important this step is! Check whether your data connection is stable and is of the minimum speed required for Facebook to run. If your internet connection is fine, try the following:
– If using WiFi, try rebooting your router and modem. While rebooting, unplug cables and keep them aside for 1 minute. After a minute is over, plug them back in and restart your router and modem.
– Try using a different network. If you are using mobile data, switch to a different data line. You can also try toggling the mobile data option on and off. If none of these work, tap on the Airplane Mode to enable it, and then after a while, disable it.
4) Clear app cache:
Clearing app cache has somehow helped a lot of users with the Facebook crashing problem:
– On your Android device, press and hold the Facebook app and select the Information (i) option. Now, select Clear data > Clear cache.
– On your iOS device, open Settings and navigate to General > iPhone/iPad Storage. Now, tap on the Facebook app in the app list and then choose the Offload app option.
Once done, relaunch the application and check whether the issue persists.
Also Read: Does Roku have a web browser?
5) Restart your device.
It is needless to say that sometimes your device may be the root of all issues. It is possible that the Facebook app on your phone or tablet has run into a deadlock with some other app process. To fix this, reboot your device. While you do so, make sure you switch off the phone or tablet entirely and let it be for a minute or two. After the wait, switch your device on. Now, try launching the FB app and check whether the issue persists.
6) Reinstall the Facebook app:
If none of the above works, try complete reinstallation. Reinstallation may get rid of a stubborn corrupted app file that may be causing the crash issue.
If none of the above-mentioned workarounds solve the problem, it is possible that Facebook servers are experiencing a bottleneck. We recommend you try launching the app after a few hours or so. We hope this article was able to solve the problem for you! For more Facebook troubleshooting, stay tuned to Androidgram!