Forza Horizon 5 supports various types of input methods. However, one of the most realistic racing experiences that you will ever get in Forza Horizon 5 is through the steering wheel controls. Unfortunately, a problem is occurring in Forza Horizon (FH) 5 for a lot of players where the clutch input is not working properly. Therefore, we will be going through the best fixes and workarounds to get through it.
Forza Horizon (FH) 5 clutch not working: Fixes & Workarounds
1) Restart the game: The first and one of the most effective solutions to the clutch malfunctioning issue in FH5 is restarting the game. However, there is a slight twist to it. This means while you exit the game, unplug your wheel controller. After that, start the game again. Now, when you start driving in the game, plug in the controller again and switch over to the wheel input. This will solve the problem for you.
2) Map the clutch: Go to the control settings inside the game and change the input mapping from there. For this, go to the wheel and switch to “Default Layout 2”. Now, move back to the car and try to control the clutch to make sure it works by pressing A. After that, if the clutch is working, move back to the control settings and select “Custom Wheel Profile 1”.
3) Force the wheel on your device: Quit the game and then turn off your Xbox console. After that, start the console but make sure that no other device is connected to it except your wheel controller. Now, launch the game and then select the Custom Wheel Profile and then save the settings.
4) Update the drivers of your wheel: If the wheel controller you are using is not up-to-date, make sure you update its driver by going to its official website. After that, try re-opening the game and see if you can access the clutch.
5) Update your game: Maybe a temporary bug or glitch is causing the malfunctioning of the clutch. Therefore, wait for some time, and if an update or hotfix comes, download and install it and then try to run the game.
These are all the fixes through which you can access fix the clutch not working issue in FH5. On this note, we hope that you will be able to clutch aggressively and beat all your opponents in every possible track in Forza Horizon 5. Also, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.