Wondering how you can spawn items on Rust? Well, for that, you will have to be an admin. Rust has public as well as private servers for players to choose from. In public servers, you cannot make yourself an admin. It will be a public game where unknown peeps can join too. You wouldn’t be able to customize it. But, private servers are much more fun when you have a lot of friends who play Rust. In this article, we will elaborate on how to become an admin on Rust and spawn items at different locations.
Although a pretty old game, Rust has suddenly gained popularity over the past few months. Also, Rust’s console edition was released this year, driving attention towards Steam’s version as well. Many private server games are also being played among friends. We have heard it is a lot of fun! So, without delay, let us tell you how to make yourself an admin and spawn items on Rust in 2021.
How to become Admin & Spawn items on Rust in 2021?
Now that you have this question in mind, we will assume you know how to set up a private server in Rust. Once you have created a private server on Rust, connect to it, and we can now begin the process of getting permissions. Being an admin will open your character to a lot of exclusive moves like flying. But for that, you will have to make yourself an admin to get suitable permissions. Remembering commands for the Rust console is pretty difficult, owing to the huge list. Instead of remembering them, use the command “find” to get a list of commands related to a keyword. So, let’s say you forgot admin commands. Type “find admin” on the Rust console to retrieve a list of commands related to admin.
How to become an admin?
Now, to get yourself the required privileges of an owner/admin, do the following:
1) You will first need your Steam ID. To get that, type status in the console command line. You will get your Steam ID under the column “id”. If there are more people on the server, the list will be long, so search for your username and the corresponding ID.
2) Once you have your Steam ID, copy it and then type owner id <your steam id> <yourname/anyidentifier> in the console command line to add yourself as an owner. Example: owner id 67543236789098765 kirina
3) You will see a reply: Added owner <yourname/anyidentifier> , steam id <your steam id>. Example: Added owner kirina, steam id 67543236789098765. But, to make these changes take place, you will have to save them.
4) To save the above configuration, type writecfg in the console command line. You will receive a reply from the server saying that the configuration is saved. Congratulations, you are now an admin to your server!
How to spawn items?
Now that you are an admin, you can easily spawn items of your choice in your game server. However, you should know that whatever you spawn in the game, members of your server will be aware of that. Once you have completed the process to become an admin, reconnect to the server and the game. You can try the noclip command (type noclip in command line) that will let you fly around. Now when you open your console, you will find other menus in that window. Click on the Items bar, and this will open a host of items you can spawn in your server. You can find the item you want to spawn, and that’s it. However, if you want to spawn items through the console command line, you can do that too. Here are the commands you can use:
1) spawn <entity name>
2) spawnat <entity name> <worldPos> [worldRotationAngles]
3) spawnhere <entity name> [distance] [worldRotationAngles]
4) spawnitem <item name>
As an admin, you will possess a lot of power. You can explore commands using the find command as described earlier. Now, you know how to become an admin and spawn items in your Rust server. Happy gaming!