Nvidia Error Code 45 is causing a lot of trouble to the users who are encountering it lately. Moreover, in this error, the system shows a message that says, “Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer. (Code 45)”. This means the error is trying to tell you that maybe your graphics card is connected properly to your system. However, there are cases when this error occurs randomly without any hardware failure. The cause of the error can also be a buggy Windows Update or a glitch. However, by following simple methods, you can solve this error on your own. So, if you want to know how to fix Nvidia error code 45, follow the methods in this article.
Also read: How to fix Nvidia error code 43?
How to fix Nvidia error code 45?
The Nvidia error code 45 is a problem mostly associated with the Device Manager. This mostly happens when the OS fails to acknowledge the device which is connected properly. Therefore, the OS states that the device is either absent from the system or the connection is not proper.
To fix this, you need to follow these simple methods:
1) Restart the system: Restart your system and check if Error Code 45 is still there. Sometimes, restarting the system solves a temporary error from the system memory.
2) Roll back to the previous driver: Press the Windows Key + X. Now, find the option for Device Manager in the list, and open it. After this, locate your Nvidia graphics driver that is affected. Open the properties of the driver and go to the Driver tab. Here, you will find a Roll Back Driver button. Click Ok on the button and this will get back you to your previous version of the driver, thereby fixing the error.
3) Troubleshoot the affected driver: Press the Windows Key + X. Now, search for the Control Panel on your device and open it. Find the Troubleshooting tab and go to the Hardware and Sound option from there. Once there, open the Hardware and Devices menu and just follow the instructions on the screen. This will troubleshoot any problem with your GPU driver and propose a viable solution for it.
4) Try testing your GPU on another device: To make sure that the error is not due an actual hardware fault, try to test your GPU in another system. If the GPU works correctly on the other system, then consider seeking professional help.
5) Update your Windows: If there is any pending update in Windows, you might as well install it. Sometimes, new patchs can fix such errors.
6) Disable and enable your affected driver: Go to the Properties of the GPU driver from the Device Manager menu and disable it. Wait for a few seconds and then, enable it again. Sometimes, performing this small operation can fix the Nvidia Error 45.
7) Run the system file checker: Open the Command Prompt in your system and run it as administrator. Now, enter the command sfc/scannow and press enter. Windows will verify the system files and fix any issue which may be causing Error code 45.
8) Run CHKSDK: Open the Command Prompt and run it as administrator. Now, enter the chkdsk.exe /f /r command. Press Y to confirm. This will check your disk for errors and might solve the Nvidia Error code 45.
9) Run DISM scan: Open the command prompt and run it as administrator. Enter the command “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and wait for the scan to finish. This method can also be effective against the error code.
10) Reinstall the affected GPU drivers: You can reinstall the affected driver to get it fixed. First, head to the Device Manager and right-click on the affected GPU. Now, select the Uninstall Driver option and go to the official Nvidia site to download the latest drivers for your GPU. After this, restart the system and see if the error persists.
Follow the above steps and see if the Nvidia Error code 45 goes away. However, if Error Code 45 persists on your system, try contacting Nvidia’s official support. Also, do not forget to visit Androidgram for more tips and tricks on tech and gaming.