Nvidia is one of the leading graphics card manufacturers in the market. With constant updates from the company, your system’s GPU always run smoothly. However, sometimes an error might creep in and dissolve your smooth experience. Recently, players are constantly reporting the Nvidia error code 43 on Windows 11. Although the error might be temporary for a few users, it is important to address it as it may appear from time to time. If you are looking for a simple method on how to fix Nvidia error code 43 on Windows 11, you have come to the right place.
Also read: How to fix Nvidia error code 45?
How to fix Nvidia error code 43 on Windows 11?
Nvidia error code 43 appears on the screen on the Properties dialogue box of the graphics driver that is malfunctioning on the system. In the device status of the General section, you will be seeing a message. It says that Windows has stopped the device because it reported problems (Code 43). Although this error might seem serious, in most cases it is fixable without troubling your hardware. The origin of the error is more on the driver side than the hardware side. Therefore, applying a couple of fixes might solve the problem of how to fix Nvidia error code 43 on Windows.
Follow these methods to remove the error from your device:
1) Restart your system: Restart your system and check if the error goes away. Sometimes the error might enter your system temporarily and all it takes is a simple restart.
2) Update the graphics driver that is encountering the error: If there are any pending updates that you may be holding on to, this might be a sign to finish them immediately. To do so, go to the Device Manager and search for the driver that is having problems. Now, go to the Properties of that driver and select the driver option. Here, you will find an Update Driver option. Select that option and update your GPU drivers.
3) Roll back the affected device driver: Sometimes, new drivers may not be the best fit for your current device. So, the best option is to go back to the driver that was perfect for your system. You can get back those drivers by selecting the Roll Back Driver option on the properties of the driver you are having trouble with.
4) Reinstall the graphics driver that is suffering from the error 43: You might want to uninstall the driver you are having problems with. Now, install a fresh copy of your GPU drivers on your system. This might solve the problem of error code 43.
5) Update Windows: If you are waiting for a special occasion to update your Windows, this might be it. Go to the Windows Update section in the settings menu and update your windows to the latest version.
6) Update graphics driver from Nvidia GeForce Experience: Go to the Nvidia GeForce Experience and search for updates in the driver section. If an update comes up, install it via the application.
7) Uninstall the VIRTU MVP Application: Nvidia does not support the VIRTU MVP application which is why sometimes Error 43 surfaces in its drivers. You can uninstall the app by going to Settings and opening the Apps and Features section. Here you will find the VIRTU MVP app listed on the installed apps listed. Go to the app and uninstall it by clicking on the three dots.
8) Check the legitimacy of the Nvidia Card: You can download the third-party app called CPU-Z in order to check the legitimacy of your Nvidia Card. If your card is illegitimate, you might contact the seller.
9) Disable auto updating of drivers from Windows: Sometimes, Windows downloads unnecessary updates that might cause trouble with the previous version which was working fine with your system. You can disable that by opening the Local Group Policy Editor and following this path: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update and enabling the “Do not include drivers with Windows Updates.”
10) Update BIOS: You can update the BIOS of your system from the manufacturer’s website of your system to fix this error code.
11) Run SFC and DISM command: Go to the command prompt window and run it as administrator. Insert the command “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth sfc /scannow”. After running this command, check if Error 43 is still in the system or not.
12) Revert the system to the previous restore point: Go to the start menu and search “rstrui” and click on the rstrui command that appears after the search. Now, keep clicking next until the finish option appears to revert your system to the previous restore point.
By following the above simple methods, you can easily solve the Nvidia Error Code 43 on your own. However, if the trouble continues, seek professional help. Do not try anything that might be irreversible and cause any further trouble. Also, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates on tech and gaming.