If you are suffering from the “Nvidia drivers not compatible with this version of Windows” error and don’t know how to fix it, this is your lucky day. We have some unique fixes for you that will solve this error and allow you to install the latest Nvidia drivers on your system. Anyways, before heading into the fixes, you should also know why this error is occurring in the first place.
Also read: Nvidia Drivers not installing on Windows 11
Here are some reasons for the Nvidia drivers not compatible with this version of Windows error:
1) Compatibility of version: Maybe the version of the driver you are trying to install is not compatible with your system or Windows.
2) Corrupt graphics card: Maybe the graphics card user is having some hardware difficulty and is corrupted due to some reason.
3) Outdated version of the Window: Maybe the version of Windows you are using is not up to date.
4) Hardware malfunction: Maybe your system is going through a critical hardware malfunction.
These can be the few possible reasons for the “Nvidia drivers not compatible with this version of Windows” error. However, it is quite rare for the reason to be critical. Most of the time this error is fixable with the help of simple steps. Therefore, let’s have a look at those methods to solve this error.
How to fix ‘Nvidia drivers not compatible with this version of Windows error?
You can follow these steps and see if the error goes away from your system:
1) Restart your system: Restarting your system can refresh every activity inside it. This can remove the error which might have temporarily crept into your system.
2) Reinstall the graphics driver: Open the Device Manager. Expand the Display Adapters option. Right-click on the Nvidia GPU and select the Uninstall Driver option. Now, go to the official website of Nvidia and download the latest drivers for your GPU from there.
3) Update your Windows OS: Go to Settings and select the Windows Update option. Look for any Windows updates that are pending. If there are, install them immediately and restart the system.
4) Use GeForce Experience: Open Nvidia GeForce Experience and install the graphics drivers for your system from there. You can do this by going to the Drivers section of the application. Also, if there are any pending updates on the application for your GPU drivers, install them immediately.
5) Be careful while choosing the driver version: Make sure that the compatibility of the driver you are trying to install is supported by your Windows version. If the drivers are not compatible in the first place, you are bound to get that error.
6) Install the driver in compatibility mode: Download the GPU drivers from the manufacturer’s website. Now, open the Properties of the .exe file and right-click on it. Now, go to the Compatibility tab. Try running the program for Compatibility mode for Windows 10/11. Therefore, once the drivers run in compatibility mode, restart your system.
By going through the above methods, you will be able to fix the “Nvidia drivers not compatible with this version of Windows” error. However, do not hesitate to contact the official support of Microsoft & Nvidia if the problem persists. Also, do not forget to visit Androidgram and get the latest updates on the gaming and tech world.