Heroic Launcher is an open-source graphical user interface alternative to Epic Games Launcher, available on Linux, Windows, and MacOS. Currently, it supports Epic and GOG games through CLI tools Legendary and GOGdl respectively, but the developers are planning to add support for other storefronts and user-added games in the future. One of the best parts of Heroic Games Launcher is that it is available for Steam Deck. However, many players are still confused about how to get & install Heroic Launcher on Steam Deck. Therefore, we will be presenting a very easy method so that you can easily run this useful launcher on your device.
Also read Best Controllers for Steam Deck: Here’s the list
How to get & install Heroic Launcher on Steam Deck
To get Heroic Launcher, you will have to follow these steps:
- Connect an external mouse and keyboard to your Deck so that you can easily navigate through all the options without any problem.
- Now, begin by pressing the Steam button on the Deck. Navigate down to Power and select Desktop Mode.
- After entering Desktop Mode, locate the Discover icon on the toolbar. If you removed it, find it in the all apps menu.
- Use the search function to look for “Heroic Games Launcher”.
- Finally, click on Install to begin the installation process.
While in Desktop Mode, it is recommended to set up the Heroic Games Launcher. If you want to authenticate with Epic Games, there are two methods available at your disposal. The first method is by using OAuth to log in directly through the client. In the second method, you can log in through a web browser and copy the required code to link your account to the launcher.
Everything should be functioning properly at this point, but it is not desirable to continually switch to Desktop Mode to access the Launcher. To avoid this, it is necessary to activate the Heroic Games Launcher via Steam to operate in Gaming Mode. So, follow the given instructions.
- Launch the Steam desktop client.
- Select “Games” from the toolbar.
- Click “Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library.”
- Check the box next to “Heroic Games Launcher.”
- Click “Add Selected Programs.”
- Close Steam and return to the desktop.
- Double-click or tap on the “Return to Gaming Mode” icon and the Steam Deck will reboot into the user-friendly handheld interface.
So, as you can see it’s quite easy to get and install Heroic Lacunher on your portable gaming computer. Now, you will be able to access it from your library which is on the non-Steam tab. You can open it just by tapping on it. On this note, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.