Rainbow Six Siege fiercely encourages multiplayer gameplay. It is a first-person shooter game heavily based on tactics and teamwork. If you like playing solo games, R6 Siege is probably not for you. The game doesn’t feature any campaign mode – get it only if you love pure FPS games. Beginner? You can try Situations, which is Siege’s idea of solo modes. It is a mode based on completing objectives. The Situations mode is like a training ground for newbies – starting out with this will help you get accustomed to the game’s mechanics. If you are looking for serious gunplay, multiplayer modes are the only choice you have in Rainbox Six Siege. Wondering how to invite and play with friends in Siege? Keep reading to know.
Invite and play with friends in Rainbow Six Siege (2022 method)
The process of inviting friends to join your team in Siege differs slightly from platform to platform. If you have bought the PC version, you will mandatorily need an uPlay account to invite friends – even if you have bought the game on Steam. Follow the steps below to invite and play with friends according to your platform:
Bought the game via Steam? You will need the uPlay client to invite friends. If you have bought the game via uPlay, you can invite friends to join your squad via the uPlay client. Here’s what you need to do:
1) Download the uPlay client from Ubisoft’s Website. (mandatory).
2) Login or create an account.
3) After login, click on the social (friends) icon in the top sub-frame.
4) Next, click on the Add Friend icon to start adding friends. You will need to know their uPlay ID/username.
5) Once they accept your request, you will be able to play together in Rainbow Six Siege.
6) Launch the game. When in the lobby, open Ubisoft overlay (Shift+F2) and hover over the friend’s name you want to invite to your squad. If they accept, they will show up in your squad on the lobby screen.
7) This way you can invite up to four friends to your squad. If your squad is not full, you can still start a game but your team will be matched with randoms online.
Note: Crossplay is not available between PC and consoles. So, if you are on PC, you can only invite friends on PC, Stadia, and Luna to join your squad. Additionally, you will only be matched against players on PC, Stadia, or Luna.
Consoles (PlayStation and Xbox)
You will need to add friends to your PlayStation Network or Xbox Profile first. Rainbow Six Siege doesn’t support crossplay between PlayStation and Xbox yet. So, you will only be able to play with friends on the same platform and who owns Rainbow Six Siege. Follow these steps:
1) Launch the game.
2) While in the game’s main screen/lobby, press the Triangle button (PS4, PS5 controller) and Y button (Xbox controller) to bring up the friend list. You can then choose to invite an idle friend to your squad.
Note: Ubisoft had announced last year that crossplay between Xbox and PlayStation consoles will be made available in early 2022. We hope the feature arrives soon!
For more articles on Rainbow Six Seige, stay tuned to Androidgram!