Back 4 Blood is a post-apocalyptic zombie horror multiplayer game developed by Turtle Rock Studios that lets you and your friend survive through a multiplayer campaign mode. Sounds fun right? However, Back 4 Blood has no native option for full-screen gameplay. As a result, several players were disheartened when the game was launched. As it happens, playing a zombie game like Back 4 Blood in Windowed or Borderless Full-Screen mode isn’t as satisfying as a proper full-screen mode. Well, the good news is that some fans (and experts) have managed to find a workaround that allows players to play the game in full-screen mode. In this article, we will be sharing with you the workaround; stay tuned!
Before diving into the solution make sure that you have the minimum PC specs to run the game. This will let you enjoy the game lag-free and in full-screen. Also, check whether your video drivers are up-to-date. You can use a dedicated app like the Geforce Experience to automatically keep your PC’s drivers updated or manually update your graphics drivers via the Device Manager. You can check the minimum requirements here.
How to play Back 4 Blood in full-screen mode?
1) Open the File Explorer, then go to This PC. Open your C Drive. There, you will see a folder by the name Users, then open YourUsername folder, navigate to the App data folder.
2) If you don’t see the App data folder, don’t worry. Just go to the View option on the top and then uncheck the Hidden items box.
3) Open the App data folder, and then navigate to Local > Back4Blood > Steam > Saved > Config > WindowsNoEditor folder.
4) Right-click on GameUsersettings.ini open it with the Notepad.
5) Scroll down and find the values for ResolutionSizeX and ResolutionSizeY.
Change the values as follows –
ResolutionSizeX = 1920
6) Further, scroll down, then make changes as follows-
FullscreenMode = 0
LastConfirmedFullscreenMode = 0
7) After making the changes, save the file and right-click on GameUsersettings.ini then go to properties and under attributes put a check on the Read-only option. Then, restart your computer
That’s it; make sure to follow the above-mentioned steps to be able to play Back 4 Blood in full-screen mode. Unfortunately, there are no other workarounds available. The above should work, but if it doesn’t, we recommend trying the borderless full-screen mode. The borderless full-screen mode isn’t the old-school full-screen mode but it is still close. Many players have also reported that the borderless full-screen mode lets them enjoy buttery-smooth Back 4 Blood gameplay! Well, there’s nothing more we can do when the developers decided to shun the OG native full-screen mode.