IMDb TV, formerly known as IMDb Freedive, is an online on-demand video content streaming application. It has over a thousand free movies and TV shows for its users. This platform has been around for a while now and is famous because it offers free content to all its users. However, the service is only available in the US. This implies that anybody outside of the US will not be able to access the streaming platform without workarounds such as using a VPN. Also, as per news, IMDb TV has recently been launched in the UK and is available through the Amazon Prime app.
Also read- Xfinity Stream App not working on Roku: Fixes & Workarounds.
IMDb Tv unavailable- What can be done?
Usually, there are complaints regarding poor connection or server issues because of which the IMDb Tv app does malfunction sometimes. Such issues with a content streaming app can prove to be extremely annoying. Especially for the users who want to enjoy the free content that IMDb TV offers. Here’s a list of reasons and respective solutions to fix your issues-
1. Look through the IMDb TV website and check for any “under maintenance” notes. It’ll mean that there’s nothing wrong with your device and you can just wait until the authorities work on their app/website to give you a better user experience altogether.
2. You can also try and clear the cache and cookies. By doing this, all the unnecessary and troublesome files that cause errors will be removed. You can do it by following this sequence- Settings>Apps>IMDb Tv>Storage>Clear cache data.
3. Also make sure that your internet is stable and provides you the required average speed to smoothly operate the app. You can also try to reboot your router by simply plugging out all the cables and then reconnecting them properly after a while.
4. It is possible that the IMDb servers are down or not functioning properly. This may happen due to bottlenecks or bugs. In such cases, you will have to wait for the official fix to access the app again.
5. Make sure you are accessing the app from a supported region. You can only access IMDb TV if you are in the US. Additionally, you can access the IMDb TV channel in the UK via Amazon Prime.
For further help, you can get in touch with IMDb Support