ThinkPad is a lineup of business-oriented laptops and tablets that have been designed, developed and marketed by Lenovo. The devices have a distinct black and boxy design language which is actually inspired by the Japanese bento lunchbox, introduced in 1990 and is still being used in a few models. Lenovo ThinkPad has been able to get significant amount of success in today’s market. The laptops have also been used in outer space and they have been the only laptops that were certified for use at the International Space Station.
The ThinkPad laptops are available at a decent price range & have gained popularity mainly because of its processor and storage space. But a lot of people who have purchased the Lenovo ThinkPad have also faced several issues. One such issue is a situation where the camera of Lenovo ThinkPad doesn’t work properly or not at all. It can happen normally if the webcam has not been detected or has not been turned on. You can try apps like Skype, Line and Facebook Messenger to check if there is any sort of hardware issue. Still if the problem is not solved, then follow these steps –
- Make sure the camera slider is open.
- If you see that the image is blurry, the protective sticker might be covering the camera.
- Look for the F8 key on your keyboard and try to press Fn+ corresponding with Fx and check if the camera is back to normal. To check if the system has camera keys, you can look for function keys and camera in the user guide.
4. Allow access in Privacy Settings
(a) If you are using Windows 10, go to Settings and then click on Privacy and choose Camera. Slide at the webcam and configure to let the apps use the webcam.
(b) If you are using Windows 8.1, open Charms Bar in the desktop and select the Settings option. You can click PC info and you can also change the PC Settings by going to Privacy and then choose Webcam. Slide at the webcam and configure to let the apps use the webcam.
- Check the Device Manager to see if the camera has been disabled. In the section of Imaging devices or Camera, the camera will appear. If you see a down arrow, it means that the camera device is disabled. To activate it, you can right-click and select Enable.
Remember that if there is any intermittent problem with the camera, check for compatibility issues with security, anti-virus and firewall programs. If the video is showing a grainy appearance, try to increase the amount of light in the room. Try to reboot the machine.