Fighting enemies with friends is always a fun thing to do. But have you ever thought of summoning NPCs to fight for you in-game? We call them NPCs just because they are nonplayable by nature. Normally no one can control them, but Lords of the Fallen allows you to summon them when in need, to fight alongside you. So, if you are wondering how to summon NPCs in Lords of the Fallen, consider reading this guide until the end.
Nowadays, most RPG games allow you to create a party of characters that you can control and use to your advantage. In Baldur’s Gate 3, for example, you can have up to three extra teammates in your party. LotF is a soul-like game that you can either play solo or with your friends. If you decide to play solo, you might have a hard time dealing with the various in-game enemies. In such situations, you should know how to summon NPCs to aid you.
Lords of the Fallen (LotF): How to Summon NPCs
Summoning NPCs or allies isn’t a done deal. You can’t take them everywhere, and they will not willingly summon themselves to fight. Also, their biggest problem is that you can only summon allies in a main boss fight. Yeah, we know this sounds harsh, but that’s how LOTF works. Anyway, here’s how to summon an ally or NPC:
Summoning NPCs is only possible during main boss fights. However, you cannot do so while fighting them for the first time. Instead, you can only summon NPCs to aid you during a boss fight you have already won. To do so, follow these steps:
- Return to any boss arena that you have defeated already.
- Before entering the arena, look around; you will see a swarm of moths that will look like the shape of a human body.
- Go near one. The name of the NPC you can summon will pop up along with the Beckon option.
- Select this option, and wait for the summoning ritual to finish.
- Now enter the boss arena.
After doing all this, you will notice that you have one NPC who also entered the arena alongside you. He or she will take the agro of the boss while you can deal the heavy blow, knowing that someone has your back. But that doesn’t mean the boss won’t target you! Stay vigilant; it’s a souls-like game after all.
Some notes on summoning NPCs
Here’s a list of a few things that you should know before summoning an ally in the battle:
- If you can’t find any NPCs to summon, that means you haven’t recruited any to begin with. Some side and main quests will ask you to save someone as well. So, once you complete those quests, the NPCs will be readily available for your aid.
- Summoning NPCs is limited to boss battles alone.
- Before you can summon them, you must defeat the boss once. A brand-new boss won’t give you a chance to summon.
- The summoning ritual (animation) isn’t mandatory. If you are being chased by monsters while the ritual is in progress, simply use the dodge action and run the hell away from it. Those monsters will kill you if you stand in one place for too long.
- Different NPCs have different fighting styles. Some are tanky, and some use ranged weapons, so choose carefully.
- The more NPCs you save, the more swarms of moths will appear.
Well, this was our complete guide on how to summon NPCs in Lords of the Fallen. If you find this guide informative, follow Android Gram for more such content. Also read: Lords of the Fallen (LotF) Resh Mesah’s Sword: How to get & find