Side quests are usually there to make the game more interesting. Some side quests unfold mysteries about the current world came to be or how it became this dark. But some of them also offer rewards in the process. Just like that, you will eventually receive a side quest from Byron in Sunless Skein to retrieve Catrin’s pendant in Lords of the Fallen. But there’s a twist! The NPC that holds it is hiding deep in the map, and there’s a strict pattern that you must follow to reach her. The name of this NPC is Winterberry.
Winterberry can be found in the Revelation Depths stage. However, getting to this enemy’s location requires you to go through one boss fight and defeat a bunch of normal ones, so make sure that you are stacked up with all the healing and boosting items. With that said, let’s now get right into the details.
Lords of the Fallen (2023) Winterberry NPC Location: How to find
How do I find the Winterberry in Lords of the Fallen?
As we said earlier, there is a strict route that you must follow. And let us warn you: do not enter the elevator (you will understand later) by any means! Otherwise, you have to restart the entire mission. Now here’s the route that you must follow:
- When you start your in-game journey, go to the Pilgrim’s Perch and find Byron. He’ll be standing near the Vestige of Blind Agatha.
- Talk to him, and exhaust all his dialogue options.
- Next, go to the Forsaken Fen after progressing the story.
- Now, activate the Vestige of Valade in the area, and talk to Byron again. He’ll be standing around the Vestige. Well, exhaust his dialogue options once again.
- Again, progress further into the storyline, and activate the Vestige of Catrin in Sunless Skein. Once again, talk to Byron (found here) and exhaust his dialogue options.
- Now, progress again until you reach a place called Cistern.
- In this area, you will find a place to plant some Vestige seeds. Plant it.
- Right across the corridor will be a staircase. Defeat the enemies on the way.
- Go down the stairs.
- Go further in the story, and finally, you will meet a boss called Skinstealer.
- Defeat him and get the Drainage Control key.
- Just past him is the elevator. As mentioned earlier, make sure not to use the elevator.
- Now, make your way to the cistern and use the Drainage Control Key to enter the room filled with water.
- Inside, use the lever, and the water will drain.
- Now again, speedrun back to the place where you planted the Vestige seed.
- After this, look down from the top of the stairs.
- On the left side, you will notice the path made of cags.
- Go near it and stick to the edge of the platform.
- Jump down to the path made of cages and go further deep.
- There will be a tunnel system at the end of it; enter that.
- After that, an open area will appear; just keep on going.
- Activate another vestige on the way, then keep on going deep.
- At the wooden platform area, there will be another elevator. Do not enter it!
- If you reach a cave system where skeleton hands will be hanging out of the wall, then you are going in the right direction.
- Go past the wooden bridge.
- Take right and go past the bowman.
- Turn left after entering a new room.
- Break the wooden block into the new cave system.
- Winterberry will be at the end of this cave.
Sheesh! That’s a long route. It’ll take you around 30 minutes or more to speedrun the path made of cages area. Anyway, after talking to her, head back to where Byron is located, and inform him about the lost pendant. Now, head back to Cistern, and use the elevator.
This was our complete guide on how to find the Winterberry NPC in Lords of the Fallen. She is both a merchant and an important part of this side quest. We hope that you were able to find her using our guide. If you find this guide informative, make sure to follow Android Gram for more Also read: Lords of the Fallen (2023): How to skip Intro Cutscene.