Madden NFL 23 game is lately getting hit by an error where it is facing difficulties in retrieving data. Some players are getting this error just after opening the game meanwhile others are getting it while playing a specific mode. Regardless of in which mode you are getting this error, it can ruin your gameplay experience and leave you frustrated. However, the good news is that the developers have acknowledged this error and are trying to fix it. But until then, we have a couple of workarounds for you that might help you to get through this error.
Madden NFL 23 error retrieving data: How to fix it?
You can try the following fixes to get through the Madden NFL 23 error for now. However, these fixes are temporary and are subject to change. But until an official patch or fix comes, you can try applying these to get over the data issue:
1) Restart NFL 23:
The first thing that you need to do is restart your game to clear any temporary bug or glitch that might be the root cause of retrieving data failure.
2) Restart your system:
If just restarting NFL 23 doesn’t work, you can try restarting your system so that the possibility of any bug that might have persisted even after restarting the game is cleared out.
3) Power cycle your console:
Unplug your console from the power supply for a few minutes. Now, plug it in again and then start it. Now, launch the game.
4) Check the servers of Madden NFL 23:
You also need to make sure the servers of Madden NFL 23 are up and working or not. If the servers are offline or under maintenance, you have to wait for them to get online. Once they are online, you can try accessing the game again. To find the best way to check the servers of Madden NFL 23, you can click here.
5) Change the DNS settings of your system:
You can also try changing the DNS settings of your system no matter what platform you are playing the game from. You can also input the Primary DNS Address as 188.8.131.52 and the secondary DNS Address as 184.108.40.206. Now, check if the issue persists.
6) Rebuild your database for the PlayStation console:
If you are getting the error on your PlayStation console, you can try rebuilding your database. You can do this by going to the safe mode of your console. In the safe mode, you will see an option called “Rebuild Database”. After selecting that option, wait for your PlayStation console to start and open Madden NFL 23 again.
7) Check your network connection:
Make sure that you have a consistent network connection. If your internet connection is not stable, you can try switching to a different network.
8) Clear your MAC address on the Xbox console: Go to the Xbox settings and open the network tab. Now, move to the “Advanced Network Settings” and select “Alternate MAC Address”. Now, click on “Clear”.
9) Customise everything on your player: Edit your player along with its looks and gear. Try switching to every different customization option that you have. This is because it might be possible that an item for your player or gear that you are using might be causing problems with the servers. After swapping the customizations, the error should be fixed.
By following these steps, you might be able to get over the error easily. However, you will have to wait for the developers for the final verdict. Also, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.