Developed by Visual Concepts and published by 2K, NBA 2K23 has emerged as one of the most played basketball simulation games. The impressive visuals and the close-to-life dribbling mechanics are what make NBA 2K23 such a treat to play. However, NBA 2k23’s compatibility with Windows 11 has created some hurdles along the way for many players. Lately, NBA 2K23 is not launching on Windows 11 and we will be discussing the best ways to fix it.
NBA 2K23 not launching on Windows 11: Fixes & Workarounds
These are some of the fixes that will help you launch NBA 2K23 on your Windows 11 system smoothly:
1) Restart your system: The first thing that you need to do is restart your system. By restarting your system, you will be able to solve any temporary bug in the game, causing the crashing issue.
2) Disable your antivirus or Windows Security: If the antivirus or Windows Security is not allowing the game to run properly even after whitelisting NBA 2k23, you will have to disable your antivirus or Windows Security temporarily and then try opening the game.
3) Update your graphics drivers: If your graphics drivers are not up-to-date, you will have to update them to the latest version. You can do this by going to the official website of your GPU Manufacturer or via the support application of your graphics card.
4) Run the game on dedicated graphics: If your system has an integrated GPU, so you must make sure that the game runs on the Dedicated GPU. For this, go to Settings> System> Display> Graphics. From here, find NBA 2K23 and click on Options. Now, select the High-Performance mode.
5) Run the game as administrator: Go to the shortcut or the .exe file of NBA 2K23 and right-click on it. Now, select the option that says “Run as administrator”.
6) Install Visual C++ files: You must install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ files to avoid any internal issues between the game and your OS. You can download the Visual C++ files for your system from here.
7) Disable Steam overlay: Go to Steam’s library and right-click on NBA 2K23. From here, go to Properties and head to the General tab. Now, uncheck the box that says “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game”.
8) Update your Windows: Make sure that your Windows is up-to-date. You can do this by going to the settings and checking if your Windows is running on the latest version.
9) Verify the integrity of the files: Go to Steam’s library and search for NBA 2K23. Go to the Properties of the game and under the Local Files tab, select the option that says, “Verify the integrity of the files”.
10) Check system requirements: Make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements to run the game. If your system doesn’t meet the requirements, it is time for an upgrade. Here’s the minimum system requirement of the game-
- Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 @ 3.10 GHz/ AMD FX-4100 @ 3.60 GHz or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 450 1GB/ ATI Radeon HD 7770 1 GB or better
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 110 GB available space
- Sound Card: Directx 9.0x
By following these steps, you shall be able to launch NBA 2K23 on your Windows 11 system. Also, do not forget to visit Androidgram for the latest updates in the world of tech and gaming.