The 2020 Olympics have kicked off on June 23 and is yet to go on till August 8. Fans can catch the live streaming of the prestigious sports event on the NBC Sports app. However, if you are an Apple device owner and facing an issue with the NBC Sports iOS app, you are at the right place. Is your NBC Sports iOS app not working or showing a streaming error? Read this article to know some working troubleshooting techniques.
NBC Sports iOS app not working and streaming error: How to fix?
The NBC Sports iOS app is capable of giving a hard time to its users. Why does it happen? Well, there can be many reasons for the errors to crop up. The good news is, the errors are totally resolvable. We have listed all the troubleshooting techniques you will need to try. But first, make sure of a few things. Please update the NBC Sports app to its latest version. If you are trying to activate an Apple TV within a mobile or computer browser and getting an error, please clear the browser data or cache. To clear the cache, follow these steps for your browser.
- Go to the Apple Settings app.
- Tap on TV Provider.
- Tap on Sign out.
- Then, tap on Confirm.
If you are on the Apple TV trying to do the same, instead of Settings, look for Users and Accounts, then select TV Provider.
- Note: Don’t sign back into your NBC Sports app as yet.
- Note: If you have other apps from NBC, you will have to make sure that you have logged out of all of them. Check by opening each of the apps, including NBC, Bravo, E!, MSNBC on iOS, Oxygen, SYFY, Telemundo, Universo, and USA.
- Go to NBC Sports app > MORE > Link Your TV Provider.
For Apple TV: Go to MORE > MY PROFILE > Link
- Select Don’t Allow when asked.
- Sign in with the primary provider account email address.
- That’s it. Your error should be resolved by now.
If the error persists, please try these further troubleshooting steps.
If you are using an iPhone/iPod
- Restart the NBC Sports app by closing it from the recents window and opening it again.
- Remove the app by deleting it (uninstall) and re-install the app again.
- Reboot the iPhone.
- If there are any pending updates on your phone, make sure to complete them.
If you are using an iPad
- Restart the app by closing it from the recents window and opening it again.
- Remove the NBC Sports app by deleting it (uninstall) and re-install the app again.
- Reboot the iPad.
- If there are any pending updates on your iPad, make sure to complete them.
If you are using an Apple TV
- First, quit and re-open the app.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the app.
- Reboot the Apple TV.
- If there are any pending updates on your Apple TV, make sure to complete them.
If you are still facing the same issue after all the troubleshooting, please report the problem by creating a ticket for NBC Support to look into.