If you are a sports fan, the NBC Sports app should be a must on the list of apps on your Roku TV! The 2020 Olympics are on, and it must be a treat to watch the event live.
Having said all this, we know how confusing it can be to troubleshoot an annoying error on your favorite app. We have got some easy and working fixes for the NBC Sports app errors occurring on your Roku TV. Read the article to know more.
Note: Make sure that you have a TV/cable/dish subscription of NBC Sports that includes viewing or live streaming online. If you have only internet plans, that alone isn’t enough for you to be able to play the app content. You also won’t be able to stream if affiliates are in dispute with carriers. Contact your TV provider for further information on this. Once you confirm that you have a proper subscription, you may go ahead with the following troubleshooting steps.
NBC Sports app on Roku TV: Streaming error and not working
If all the above criteria are fulfilled, simple unlinking and re-linking your provider will solve most of the errors. To do so, just follow these steps.
- In the home screen of the app, select More > My Profile > Unlink.
- Make sure you are signed out of all NBC apps like NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, SYFY, Telemundo, USA. If not, please follow the previous step for all the apps.
- You can then sign in to the primary address on your provider account in the settings of the app.
- This may solve most of the errors.
If the above steps were unable to solve the issue, check the following things.
Check your internet strength/signal on your Roku TV.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Then, select Network.
- Select Check connection
- You will be displayed the status of your connection through an on-screen message.
- If any troubleshooting is required, you will be shown the steps to do so.
If your internet connection is good, try this.
Remove the NBC Sports channel and then add it back.
- Go to Home.
- Select the NBC Sports channel.
- then select the “*,“
- Select Remove channel and then, Confirm.
- Add the NBC Sports channel again by downloading it.
If removing the channel and adding it back doesn’t work, try the following.
Update app software
- Go to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check Now.
- Update the app software, if pending.
Restart player to clear data/cache
- Go to Settings > System > System restart
- OR, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart.
- OR, just Unplug then Plug back in.
The above techniques are said to be able to solve most of the errors you may encounter with the NBC Sports app channel on Roku TV. However, if you are still unsatisfied, please go ahead and drop a report from here.