After numerous reports from players, it has come to our attention that the character service failure error in New World has been causing a lot of problems. So, in this article, we will be sharing all the details we know about the Character Service Failure Error in New World and discuss all the potential fixes for this issue. Here’s everything you need to know.
Being a massively multiplayer online game, New World heavily depends on the user’s internet connection to display content on their screen as well as save their data on the servers. If due to some circumstances, the internet connection is down or is unstable, the game might throw unknown errors as it can’t connect to the servers. Well, that’s what has been happening to a lot of players right now in the game. For more details on this, continue reading.
Want to know the best in-game settings to play New World on? If you are interested, make sure to visit our detailed article here.
New World Character Service Failure error: Fixes?
According to reports, players have been facing this error in-game ever since the game has been officially released. What basically happens is that the player gets a connection error message popped onto their screen saying: “Server Error: Failed to load character data. Character_Service_Failure” and then the game just kicks them out of the server.
It is rather a frustrating error that seems to be occurring on many systems. However, in our opinion, due to the fact that this is a server connection error, it can be fixed by the following methods:
- First of all, if you are consistently getting kicked out of the game with this error message, make sure to check the server status of the game on the official website.
- Then, check your wi-fi router if it is functioning properly. Having an unstable or slow internet connection can also cause this error to occur. So, either restart your router or lower the distance between your system and your router for better connectivity.
- You can also try an Ethernet connection. Switching to wired mode to access the internet is always the better option.
- Make sure you have disabled your Windows Firewall. The Firewall can result in poor connectivity so disabling it might fix the error for you in-game.
- Also, don’t use VPN while playing the game. It severely affects your internet connectivity speed.
Well, if you have followed all the mentioned steps correctly, then it is highly likely that the error will be fixed. However, if it still persists, all you can do is wait for the devs to acknowledge the issue and come up with a fix. For more guides and information on new games, make sure to stay tuned with us on AndroidGram.