Unable to use the Oppo Clone Phone app to migrate your phone’s data? Is your old phone not connecting to your new device? Well, it is a common problem that users face while using a clone phone app of any kind. Such apps usually don’t require a network connection; you’ll have to connect your old phone to the new phone using a generated QR code or a personal hotspot. But there will be no involvement of an internet connection in the process of migration. Although it seems great for those who want to save up on their internet, this method of migration isn’t problem-free. If you are unable to use the Oppo Clone Phone app to migrate data, this article will help you troubleshoot the situation in no time.
The Oppo Clone Phone app is meant for Oppo and Realme devices only. This means you can transfer data from any phone (iOS or Android) but can only receive that data on an Oppo or Realme device. Most phone manufacturers have an in-built phone cloner app nowadays. Or, you can simply download the official cloner app for your device. For Oppo devices, the Oppo Clone Phone is the only app that will work for data migration.
Also Read: Walmart pay not scanning QR code: Fixes & Workarounds
How to fix the Oppo Clone Phone app not working?
To migrate data from an old phone to a new device, all you have to do is open the Clone Phone app on both devices and connect the old phone to the new one using a QR code. Follow these steps:
1) Open the Clone Phone app on the new device and select ‘New device’. It will display a QR code.
2) Now, open the Clone Phone app on the old device and select ‘Old device‘.
3) Using the old device, scan the QR code on the new device to connect. Now, select the data you want to transfer and proceed.
If you are unable to use the Clone Phone app, try the following:
1) Restart both devices and check whether the issue persists after reopening the clone app.
2) Check whether the Oppo Clone Phone app needs an update on any of your devices.
3) Try reinstalling the Clone Phone app on both devices.
4) You can also try connecting your old phone to the new phone’s hotspot which is triggered by the Clone Phone app. You’ll see the name of the hotspot below the QR code.
5) Note that you’ll need to have the Oppo Clone Phone app on both devices for the migration to happen. If you are using a different phone cloning app on your old device, you will not be able to migrate the data.
6) You may lose out on some app and system data, depending on device compatibility.