Pikmin 4 is the newest entry into the Pikmin franchise. This Nintendo Exclusive series has you solve puzzles and take on the challenges of the larger world with the help of adorable plant-like creatures known as Pikmin. There are multiple types of Pikmin in the game, and they all have special abilities and uses. Interacting with the world using their special abilities and solving puzzles to progress further in the game is the primary objective. In Pikmin 4, you can only control the Red Pikmin when you start out. You have to find various Onions to grow different Pikmin in the game.
Much of this game takes place in stages, and you need progressively stronger Pikmin to proceed with further challenges. Some of these Onions are located in some of the hardest portions of the in-game world; therefore, the corresponding Pikmon are much stronger when compared to others. Well, in this article, we are going to take a look at how to get the Rock Onion in Pikmin 4, so that you can grow Rock Pikmin.
Pikmin 4 Rock Onion: How to get & find?
Rock Onion is used to grow Rock Pikmin. These Pikmin are able to deal AOE damage and stun enemies with their impact. In order to get them, you will need to traverse one of the most dangerous areas of the game. Listed below are the steps to get the Rock Onion in Pikmin 4:
- Finish the game and see the first ending.
- Unlock the area known as Giant’s Hearth. Once done, you are ready to begin the quest for the Rock Onion.
- Now, go to the southern part of the map, where you will see a large wall. This wall is an indication that you are in the right place.
- Use three bomb rocks to fully destroy the wall. You cannot proceed without destroying the wall.
- You also need to clear all the obstacles that are blocking your way.
- Once done, continue ahead until you encounter the Sovereign Bulblax.
- To defeat it, use a bunch of Ice Pikmin to freeze it and deal damage to it. Once done, you will have access to the Rock Onion that it has been guarding.
- You also need to note that the Rock Onion itself will be under a pool of water, so you will need Blue Pikmin for this journey as well. Once they dig it out, the pool will empty, and you can easily carry the onion back to your base.
Once you defeat this boss and take the Rock Onion back to the base, you will be able to grow Rock Pikmin. Be careful, however, since the Bulblax is one of the hardest in-game bosses to defeat, and you will need significant skill and time to beat this boss.
The rewards that you unlock after this are worth it since Rock Pikmin are some of the strongest in the game. They are consistently on par with other high-ranking Pikmin, like the Winged Pikmin that can be grown from the Pink Onion. That said, if you find this article helpful and would like to read more, make sure to visit Android Gram.