Remnant 2 is the sequel to Remnant: From the Ashes, a popular action shooter. The sequel has been anticipated for quite some time now by long-standing fans of the franchise. Well, Remnant 2 continues the story from the original game but is significantly improved with new gameplay mechanics and visuals to provide a much more immersive experience. Remnant 2 is a souls-like shooter. This means there is heavy inspiration from the Dark Souls series, and this game too runs on the typical build and character class system. The game features multiple classes of characters called Archetypes. You have to select one of these archetypes when you begin your in-game journey. However, you can even change your character’s archetype later in the game. In this article, we are going to walk over how to unlock one particular archetype; the Gunslinger in Remnant 2.
Remnant 2 Gunslinger Archetype: How to get & unlock?
The multiple archetypes in Remnant 2 are similar to the classes of characters in the Dark Souls games. Each archetype has some strengths and weaknesses that can be compensated for in-game by investing in stats or through relics and potions. In most cases, some archetypes are better than others. There are only a handful of archetypes available at first, however. You can play through the campaign and carry out various tasks to unlock more of these archetypes that you can choose. Well, one of the popular archetypes that many are interested in is the Gunslinger. If you don’t know how to get or unlock it, continue reading.
How to get it?
The Gunslinger archetype is known for being a damage-dealing archetype. It is one of the best archetypes for players who like to go guns-blazing. Well, if you preordered the game, the Gunslinger archetype will be available to you right from the start. However, if you didn’t, here are the steps to unlock it:
- Keep working on all the campaign biomes, and make sure to visit Ward 13 every now and then. Here, you need to speak to Mudtooth.
- Mudtooth is an oldish fellow that can be found playing chess with a friend close to the World Stone/Crystal.
- You will need to speak to him to unlock this archetype. First, get through the preliminary dialogue with him and ask him to tell you stories.
- He will, indeed, tell you a lot of stories. There may be a time when he runs out of them and asks you to come back later. In this case, come back later.
- So, continue with your in-game progress and visit Mudtooth again. There will be a scenario when he is done with all the stories and will give you a Worn Cylinder.
- Take this item up to Wallace (in Ward 13) and get him to craft the Iron Cylinder for you. Here are the required items for this craft:
- x1 Worn Cylinder
- x10 Luminite Crystal
- x1000 Scrap
- Once you have the Iron Cylinder, equip it in one of your archetype slots to unlock the Gunslinger archetype.
Well, this is how you go about unlocking the Gunslinger archetype in Remnant 2. This is a powerful archetype, as it is one of the best for dealing rapid damage. That said, if you find this guide informative, consider visiting Android Gram for more.